MECOOL KIII PRO DVB-T2 / S2 TV-BOX or MECOOL KII PRO, Mecool M8S PLUS DVB S2 for DVB-S2 TV

Hi, everybody,

I’m looking for a solution to receive TV via DVB-S2, no pay TV/ that is unencrypted.

Currently I am using the TV tuner of the TV, but there is always trouble with the CEC devices and passthrough conversion, I would prefer to set a device directly at the AVR via HDMI.
I tried to get one of my S905/w Android TV boxes with CoreELEC and TVheadend server as well as Tvheadend HTSP clients (PVR) running together with the driverCat^^,
Transmitters have been found, so the TechniSat SkyStar USB HD DVB-S2 is also working. Unfortunately I don’t see a TV picture, neither over the PC nor over the box itself, it freezes more or less. Vlt is client as well as server too much on the already strange x96 Mini (Amlogic S905w).

I would therefore prefer a uniform solution, at coreElec there is a c.rom for all 3 Mecools, also for the “Pro” where the S.912 is used, which doesn’t seem to find much support anymore, but comes with Gigabyte LAN (two fly with one flap Media center and TV server). My question therefore, would all 3 variants be well usable, even the "cheapest one available for 50€ from the EU stock (Mecool M8S PLUS DVB S2) ?

For alternatives I am open, as long as no 200€ Linux make is mentioned. I also have RPi3 B+ (without MPEG2 license), but it would only be a tinkering again.

Thank you. I hope you could understand my english text…^^

I use the Telestar Digibit R1 quad tuner Sat>IP device with a 905W server successfully.
https://telestar.de/produkt/digibit-r1/

Telestar also do a dual tuner model
https://telestar.de/produkt/digibit-twin/

Tvheadend works well with Sat>IP tuners.

1 Like

I am using a couple of Mecool KI Pros. They have the S905D chipset, Gbit LAN and 2G DDR4 memory. KII Pro has only DDR3, but I honestly do not know if it makes any difference. The DVB-S2 tuner works fairly well and I love to be able to do everything from within Kodi. Got them from Gearbest at ~65€. CoreELEC runs very stable.

1 Like