To begin with I’m not referring to the 23.98fps issue, which was resolved years ago (OpenElec), but rather the odd glitch. Obviously it can be just hardware but I’m wondering if I’m missing something? Here’s a few things I’m thinking may improve playback performance.
- Are there any processes that can be switched/switched-off that would lighten CPU load and reduce judder/frame-drops?
- If the HDMI cable isn’t able to handle the data-stream, poor quality cable, does this cause error codes and add more load to the CPU?
- Can the TV itself be an issue?
- What part does CPU temperature play?
- Is judder more likely with non-standard/sloppy encoding (variable bit rates) creating very high CPU loads?
It may be that I’m just sensitive and most of you accept the odd judder but does any box, even the expensive ones, play video perfectly?
Be interesting to get members thoughts on this ‘The Holy Grail’ of TV boxes?