Multi in but no dts-ma

Evening,

I recently had an issue when meant I had to completely reinstall CoreElec.

Previously on my amp when I played a DTS-HD/MA file or TRUEHD file to displayed as such on my Denon amp but since the reinstall it only shows as MULTI IN.

Is there something I’m not selecting or an option I’m missing as it all worked fine previously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Multi-In means your receiver is receiving multi-channel input if I’m not mistaken. This means you are aren’t bitstreaming your audio to the receiver and the amp doesn’t know what kind of audio it’s playing.

It sounds as if you don’t have passthrough enabled in the audio settings.

Pass through is definitely enabled.

Audio output device is set to ALSA:Aml-m8audio, HDMI
allow pass through
And the pass through output devi e is greyed out but is the same as the output device.

All of the DD, DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD settings are enabled.

But still Multi-In

Any ideas?

The film(s) are also set to DTS-HD too.

You need to enable the Passthrough setting at the bottom of the audio page, and select HDMI.

Thank you, the pass through option is at the top of the audio page and as I said on my previous posts - it is already enabled and yet it is start only stating Multi IN on my amp.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

It’s at the bottom.
Make sure that you are in expert mode, and check all the formats you want to bitsteam

Sorry, you’re right. It is at the bottom however it’s definitely turned on.

As is ay above…
Audio output device is set to ALSA:Aml-m8audio, HDMI

Allow pass through enabled.
And the pass through output device is greyed out but is the same as the output device.

All of the DD, DTS, TrueHD and DTS-HD settings are enabled.

I can’t figure it out. If I use my sky box or any of the apps built into the TV then the amp displays accordingly…but my CoreElec still says Multi-In.

Take a look at “Settings > Player > Videos” and make sure, that the option “Sync playback to display” is disabled.
If it is enabled, passthrough audio won’t work.

1 Like

Yeah, that was it. Brilliant. Thank you so much.

It could be my imagination but I’ve also had problems with the sound stuttering since I reinstalled. Having switch that sync playback off it seems to have fixed that.

Is that possible or am I just imagining it?

Yes, it’s possible.