N2 Core Elec Will Not Reboot After Shutdown Without Unplugging

Search for: Settings->Add-ons->My_add-ons->All->CoreELEC_Module_Drivers
Just run and select another driver package = NO REBOOT WHITHOUT UNPLUGGING

Forgive my complete ignorance; I’m new to all this. Do you mean search for files on N2 via my computer on same network? I’m using Macbook Pro, waiting for ethernet cable and display port to hdmi adapter so I can setup N2 at desktop connected dsl modem and monitor, on same network as Macbook. I presume I’ll have to SMB to N2 in order to connect with it.

Obviously first of all you will have to run CoreELEC on your N2 device, this forum is only for CoreELEC.

I am running CoreELEC on N2.
Found ethernet cable and was able to connect from Macbook Pro, but there is no Settings folder, and I cannot find My_add-ons- in any of the folders.
Only folders in COREELEC drive are -
Addons
Backup
Configfiles
Downloads
Emulators
Logfiles
Music
Picons
Pictures
Recordings
Screenshots
TV Shows
Update
Userdata
Videos

Open the samba shares and look in Configfiles for the samba.conf.sample file.
If there isn’t one , just create one.

Open it in a text editor and add the following:

[Kodi]
  path = /storage/.kodi
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage/.kodi
[Storage]
  path = /storage
  available = yes
  browsable = yes
  public = yes
  writable = yes
  root preexec = mkdir -p /storage

Save as samba.conf (not samba.conf.txt!).
Reboot.

Settings using Kodi User Interface is what you’re looking ?

For wake up you will need to make a UART log. Hardkernel are selling compatible hardware for a few euros.
The problem is the AVR as each vendor do his own CEC implementation and it maybe working different for yours. Only a UART log can tell what is missing.

OK, I found samba.conf.sample in Configfiles folder (drive?), and was able to edit it in BBEdit.
Saved it as samba.conf to same location, or where is it supposed to go?
I cannot find Settings. See above post. There is only a series of folders that show up in Finder on my Macbook Pro, that are mountable/unmountable as if they are drives.

There is a subfolder named system.d in the Configfiles main folder (drive?).
Contents are cifs.mount.sample, nfs.mount.sample, openvpn.service.sample, and README

Correct…
What is BBEdit ??
Just use text editor in Mac.

Still doesn’t turn unit on after adding your code to samba.conf.sample and saving as samba.conf to same location - Configfiles main folder (or drive?)

Mate i only gave you instructions to access your addons via SMB.

You must read Portisch reply

I do not understan Portisch reply. I need instructions for complete newbie who’s never coded anything but a little html.
Portisch says “Hardkernel are selling compatible hardware for a few euros.”
So does that mean I need to install more hardware on N2 or what?
Where are instructions for how to make a UART log?
Good grief! How am I supposed to know how to do that or what it means?

https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=841

Some more installation use guide
https://wiki.odroid.com/accessory/development/usb_uart_kit

Hi ds_tx - your head must be spinning right now.
To keep it short if you want the N2 to reboot you need to either completely disable the N2’s inbuilt CEC function or go the way of Uart reporting etc so the dev’s can figure what is going wrong. Unfortunately there isn’t any CEC ‘off’ switch in coreElec so it means editing the config.ini. follow this link: How to Edit config.ini?

Please provide a copy of your dmesg.

This is with CEC disabled and the Odroid N2 starting from shutdown correctly.
http://ix.io/2ct1

Your using the stable release? please try the latest nightly and see if the same problems persist.

Been trying the 23-02-2020 nightly (yesterdays) and shut down/startup are working fine. Seems you guys already fixed the problem, but since I don’t need CEC I will stay with the (modified) stable release for now. Thanks!

Thats what i had to do also.
I assigned a key as my power on key by following the guide.
Also this one How to configure IR wakeup code

If you know my head’s spinning, then please help instead of sending me to some voluminous forum post that doesn’t anwer my questions.
How do I SSH from Mac to N2? via Ethernet cable?
When I plug ethernet cable from DSL modem into N2 with Macbook connected to wireless router, I can see CoreElec folders.
What file am I looking for and where do I find it?
What code do I add to the file?
These are the folders that appear in CoreElec when connected to my Mac -
Addons
Backup
Configfiles
Downloads
Emulators
Logfiles
Music
Picons
Pictures
Recordings