N2 Core Elec Will Not Reboot After Shutdown Without Unplugging

This is with CEC disabled and the Odroid N2 starting from shutdown correctly.
http://ix.io/2ct1

Your using the stable release? please try the latest nightly and see if the same problems persist.

Been trying the 23-02-2020 nightly (yesterdays) and shut down/startup are working fine. Seems you guys already fixed the problem, but since I donā€™t need CEC I will stay with the (modified) stable release for now. Thanks!

Thats what i had to do also.
I assigned a key as my power on key by following the guide.
Also this one How to configure IR wakeup code

If you know my headā€™s spinning, then please help instead of sending me to some voluminous forum post that doesnā€™t anwer my questions.
How do I SSH from Mac to N2? via Ethernet cable?
When I plug ethernet cable from DSL modem into N2 with Macbook connected to wireless router, I can see CoreElec folders.
What file am I looking for and where do I find it?
What code do I add to the file?
These are the folders that appear in CoreElec when connected to my Mac -
Addons
Backup
Configfiles
Downloads
Emulators
Logfiles
Music
Picons
Pictures
Recordings
Screenshots
TV Shows
Update
Userdata
Videos

Iā€™m familiar with using Mac Terminal.app to SSH my Mac, but I do not know how to SSH from my Mac to another device connected to it.
Iā€™ve re-read your comment and see that the file is config.ini, but I donā€™t know where to look for it.
Is this the command Iā€™m to use (per your link to otherforum post)? -
mount -o rw,remount /flash
nano /flash/config.ini

Please provide step by step instructions for providing a dsmesg with Macbook.
Assume absolutely no familiarity with any part of the process

I am not going to buy another piece of hardware! so I does that means that SSH is the only other option?
In CoreELEC, do I look up ip address in ā€œSystem Informationā€?
Letā€™s say itā€™s 192.168.1.121
Then do I open Terminal on my Mac with CoreELEC connected via ethernet cable to DSL modem, and Mac connected wirelessly to router and type? - ssh root@192.168.1.121
Then when prompted for password type? - coreelec

YES

dmesg|pastebinit

In your Terminal you will see a url link to your logā€¦

Copy that link and post it.

You will not know what CEC implementation is used by your AVR which is between your TV and the N2.
This is something that cannoā€™t be seen using SSH.

I donā€™t have IP address because I have no internet connection.
I was hoping to connect to my HP monitor at desk where ethernet is but inexpensive HDMI to DP adapter turned out not to be ACTIVE and didnā€™t work.
Active adapter is costlier, so I might as well buy WIFI for N2.

1. Can you recommend WIFI that will work with my older Linksys E1200 V2 that is 2.4GHz?
    If not much more, I might as well get WIFI that is compatible with current higher speed (5GHz?) in case I have to upgrade router.
  2. Also, a bluetooth connection?
    One that works with Apple wireless keyboard would also be useful, but Iā€™ve read bad reviews of BT dongles that overheat and/or fall apart and donā€™t want anything like that.
    This WIFI has BT also. Is that possible for a quality product? EP-AC1661
    Or should I buy separate BT dongle? Which one?
  3. Can you recommend a cheap remote that works (preferably out of the box) with the N2 so I donā€™t have to wait 1-2 mos for Odroid remote to become available?
    This whole power down issue could be most simply solved with a remote.
    All I want to do is teach my One-For-All universal remote to control the N2, and program a macro for it that simultaneously turns on/off AVR, HDTV and N2.
    I cannot program the OFA remote with codes because no Odroid device code exists for it.
    I can only teach it with a remote that already controls the N2.
    If there is no other remote that works out of the box and CoreELEC files must be modified in order to work, then would remote for my LG 42LV3500 HDTV or Onkyo TX-SR313 work?
  4. Iā€™m not getting email notices for this thread even though Iā€™ve clicked Watch button.
    How can I report that and get it fixed?

The N2 is connected to the AVR not the TV. I donā€™t care about N2 shutting down when AVR/TV shuts down. TV is connected to AVR and TV does not shut down when shutting down AVR, so I donā€™t expect N2 to auto shut down either.
I need remote that controls N2 so I can teach my One For All universal remote to control N2, then create macro on OFA that turns on/off TV, AVR and N2.

Hi, I would like to ask for help. I have the same problem and nothing I have found and tried has not helped me (shutting down CEC, disconnecting everything, clean installation). Box works OK, but if I turn on ā€œDVB drivers from the latest kernelā€ or ā€œDVB drivers for TBSā€, then the box turns off OK again and goes on, but then after the next startup (loading DVB drivers) is probably right does not turn off, then does not turn on and only helps to disconnect the AC adapter. When the ā€œDVB drivers ā€¦ā€ option is switched off, the power adapter must be disconnected again and then OK again. I tried it on several different boxes with the S905X3.

Itā€™s been fixed today and you should notice it fixed in tomorrows nightly, it was nothing to do with CEC, the problem was related to using the DVB drivers as you have already noticed.

2 Likes

great, thank you, drivers work, box turns on and off without a problem :slight_smile:

Are you saying this is NOT a CEC issue?
So when I shut down my AVR to which N2 is connected, N2 should power off as well, and conversely power on again when AVR is powered on?
Will there be a forthcoming stable build that corrects this issue?
Where do I get it and how will I know when itā€™s released?
Can you provide links to instructions on installing stable build?
Will I have to update from CE v 18 to 19?

Your issue is not related to DVB Drivers in the nightlies.
You do not have DVB Drivers installed.
The DVB Drivers installed in latest nightlies has fixed member sramek76 issue.
Your issue is caused by your AVRā€™s implementation of CEC.
If you donā€™t supply UART logs there is nothing in updates that will fix your issue.