N2+ dies on big files

Hi,

i have to admit, copying files with dd, inserting the card, booting adding a smb video source (gbit ethernet, but files are comming from a 2TB drive with 7200rpm which is about two years old.
can run hdparm later to test for speed but it will probably do ~100mbyte/s read spead)
attaching the air mx3 remote, playing the first movie fast a really fast setup - good job :slight_smile:

but playback is not as fluid as i hoped plus my TV says that i should check the power when playing some movies - no input signal from the source.
after pressing play i see a black screen with a light white circle in the middle that is apparently loading the movie - it does about 3 turns.
switching sources on the avr brings back a black background with the above circle for a few seconds, then TV says its off again.

in parallel im connected via ssh to the coreelec box, in the log i can see that remote signals are still processed but the back button on the “kodi remote” never gets me back to the menu nor do i see the movie playing.

in the beginning there is sounds for a few seconds and then even that stops.
i am able to enter reboot via ssh and coreelec reboots.

this is the beginnging of the log:

and this the rest:

look at the second file first, at the end theres maybe a output problem.

You need to try to play from local storage first. Copy the movie to your boot media. It have a subfolder videos. Than try again. If it works you can try another external HDD.

someone from #libreelec on irc was so nice to point out that 10bit may be the factor, and he was right. today i skipped the 10bit movies and it was a very nice fluid playback.

one movie with 50fps and some others with 24 - very watchable, while yesterday all was “off beat” not sure if i changed the variable Hz settings yesterday or did something other with my avr today.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.