N2 HDMI audio dropouts

Hi
I posted a question on this topic in the Whirlpool Forum here in Australia and was advised to try again here on CoreELEC discourse.

In summary, I am getting occasional audio dropouts when playing music using the PartyMode Autostart addon. I have the N2 running latest release CoreElec connected to an Onkyo AV receiver with HDMI. When I’m listening to music with this config, I have the TV off (well, standby actually). Note that a HDMI lead from the AVR to the TV is still connected, but the TV is off. I do not get any audio dropouts if I have the TV on, either when playing just music or video (streamed or stored on NAS).

I have tried many different audio and video settings in CoreElec, different HDMI cables and different ports on the AVR.

I suspect an HDMI handshaking problem, since the signal indicator display on my AVR goes blank when a dropout occurs.

Here is a link to my original query on Whirlpool which contains a more detailed description https://whrl.pl/RgaJrM . I would be extremely grateful for any help in solving this problem.
Thanks

No response so far, so maybe I should re-phrase my post.

Is it possible to disable the periodic HDMI handshake and/or over-ride EDID detection on the N2 running CoreElec?

After seeing this thread Audio stutter with 24-bit 192kHz stereo FLAC and getting some really helpful ideas, I am happy to close this topic. No, I haven’t solved the problem yet, but have determined the root cause is neither CoreElec or the Odroid N2.

I’m off to find an Onkyo support forum. Thanks for reading.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.