Netflix Broken

This fix does not work any more. Looks like Netflix is broken for all Arm devices:

I get the error “Entity used incorrect user authentication data type” on my Odroid N2…

I can confirm that it was broken this morning but I didn’t have the time to look into it.

Hmm more Netflix trouble on Kodi. Fortunately I don’t use it all that much on the TV box, more on other devices from a browser. I imagine it would frustrating for people that use it a lot on a TV box.

It works again as before, just “fixed itself” :relaxed:

Yep, today the Netflix addon working again. No needed fixing. :grinning:

Thanks. It turned out I installed netflix from an outdated repository. I reinstalled the addons fron the repository mentioned in the linked post, and the problem was fixed.
Now I got the frame skipping/stuttering problems to fix.

I’ll think it has something to do with Widevine, new version was online 2 days ago

Yes, with new Widevine version (4.10.1440.18) NF addon has problems on high bitrate material.
It works much better with older Widevine version (4.10.1303.0)

There is a new widevine version (4.10.1440.19) which works OK, but there is no Linux-Armv7 version yet, only for Linux, Windows and Mac…

So it’s just a matter of time. Soon we’ll get an update

Soon ? Depends what is soon for you. Widevine has lately had updates twice a year, and the versions active now (.18and .19) are from July, so I guess new version is not expected before end of this year…

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
I guess I’ll downgrade it.

Hello.Today when i opened Netflix,a new popup message appeared as usual to update widevine image.I successfuly installed,but now when i press play a movie,just nothing happens.Can anyone guide me please to where to refer?I use latest stable coreelec on my Vorke Z6 android box.

To solve this go back to older Widevine build - in InputStream Helper addon choose Restore Widevine CDM library. Set the update interval to 180 days.
Next time an update to Widevine is offered select - Cancel. I update Widevine only when old version stops working.

2 Likes

Thanks,this worked.But now i again have some lags.Where i can see the latest widevide versions?Since then,there was any new update?

Since Widevine is used only to decrypt the stream I don’t think that will solve lags. I think that old or new version does not matter when it comes to lagging video. It’s most probably network or CPU related…
Current Widevine version and date when it was updated can be seen in “InputStream Helper” addon -> Information.
You cannot (or I don’t know how to) check what is the latest version available on Google Chrome before you install it.

1 Like