New install first time

Hi, this is my first post and I am reading up on how to install CoreELEC onto my Vim3-Pro.
It seems like it only works from SD-Card if I read the install instructions correctly.

How can I install it onto the much faster onboard memory?

I really do not want to use it on SD if I can avoid it.

Thanx

Thank you for this information.

I have been unable to get my VIM3 to boot into CoreElec tho.

Tried 3 SD cards and a USB stick.
Flashed image onto them with Rufus 3.14
I have copied the file g12b_a311d_khadas_vim3.dtb to the root folder of the SD card and renamed it dtb.img

I have used the vim3 upgrade mode:

1. Power on VIM3.
  2. Long press the POWER key without releasing it.
  3. Short press the ‘Reset’ key and release it.
  4. Count for 2 to 3 seconds, then release the POWER key to enter into Upgrade Mode. You will see the sys-led turn ON when you’ve entered Upgrade Mode.

It does not boot. into coreelec as expected.
All I get is the Khadas logo in the middle of the screen and it stays that way, left it for 30 min one time.

The Vim3 has a bootable Khadas created image of Android 9 on it loaded into emmc. This does boot no problem.

I dont know what to do.

According Boot Images from External Media | Khadas Documentation, it links toVIM1 procedure How To Boot Into Upgrade Mode | Khadas Documentation. If not mistake, then try with 10secs on step4.
Or try different procedure:

1. Disconnect Power on VIM3.
  2. Long press the POWER key without releasing it.
  3. Reconnect Power on VIM3.
  4. Count for 5 to 10 seconds, then release the POWER key to enter into Upgrade Mode. You will see the sys-led turn ON when you’ve entered Upgrade Mode.

If not working, upgrade Android to latest release (maybe bugfix for BL available), and/or try Android way described in the upper link.

I asked on the Khadas forums and was given instructions to use the KRESCUE system as the wizard there can download and install CoreELEC all on its own.

Where all other methods would not work, this did.

Thank you for your help.

Do not use computer USB port as a power supply, as it prevents multiboot.
I used a 5V USB PSU connected to VIM3 USB-C port and only then it booted from USB stick.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.