NEW Repo for Remote files (Thanks to Betatester)

I’ve got the IR remote from the Videostrong KM8 Pro working.
km8pro.zip (784 Bytes)

Image of remote:

I have uploaded, the km8pro to repo

1 Like

I can not operate the remote control of my tv box is a m96x plus, backup the configuration file of the remote control and I have put it in the path that they all do but it does not work, please help me, I upload the file waiting for your help. https://mega.nz/#!5cFS2KBS!0HGQtHnjENd8F5uInf9-n8fhrD2GI8E3pxDNZsPAggE

The remote you are using is a remote.conf, that is for the older versions of Libre/Coreelec You need to read https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/11643-le9-0-remote-configs-ir-keytable-amlogic-devices/?postID=81528#post81528

remote.conf was never supported in CoreELEC.

Here is the remote config for MECOOL M8S PRO+ which I just created as I had problems with my TV-remote powering off the device when pressing specific keys like KEY_DOWN and the default remote scheme in CoreELEC 8.9.5.

rc_maps.cfg (774 Bytes)
M8SPro+ (474 Bytes)

uploaded to dropbox

@bubblegum57
The rc_maps.cfg in the m8s.zip archive has the wrong encoding (DOS/CRLF).

Here is the correction:
m8s.zip (891 Bytes)

Thanks, uploaded :grinning:

Hello, i’ve got a question about release/repeat delay and repeat period.
In old remote.conf I found this:

repeat_delay = 40
repeat_peroid = 39
release_delay = 121

So the question is, should I set it like this in CoreELEC to make it work like in LE 8.2?

ir-ctl -t 121000
ir-keytable -D 40 -P 39

you can set
ir-ctl -t 20000
but for delay and period you can left original one or can play with delay and period settings and check when you don’t have problem with double pressed buttons.
I use ir-keytable -D 475 -P 125 for remote mode. Your settings can be different.

Here’s my remote config with longpress buttons (thanks @boot2k3) for MXQ Pro 4K

• Longpress home button to show video info
  • Longpress mouse button to show player debug
  • Power longpress - power menu
  • OK longpress - content menu
  • Press “APPS” button to make screenshot
  • Press “KODI” button to go back to fullscreen video

MXQ Pro 4K with longpress buttons (keyboard mode)
MXQPro4K_longpress.zip (3.0 KB)

• copy the file “MXQPRO4K” to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/ and “rc_maps.cfg” to /storage/.config/
  • copy “keymaps.xml” to /storage/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/
  • copy “Lircmap.xml” to /storage/.kodi/userdata/
  • copy empty “98-eventlircd.rules” to “/storage/.config/udev.rules.d/”
  • reboot

MXQ Pro 4K without longpress buttons (remote mode)
MXQPro4K_remote.zip (863 Bytes)

• copy the file “MXQPRO4K” to /storage/.config/rc_keymaps/ and “rc_maps.cfg” to /storage/.config/
  • reboot

@boot2k3 hope you don’t mind that I copied your instructions :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thanks, uploaded to dropbox

Is one of the files “m8s.zip” or the “remote m8s.zip” for the M8s Pro L with the voice remote? Or is there another working one?

I don’t know, but why don’t you just try them, you can easily overwrite existing ones.

I use Coreftp lite to copy files on my boxes from my win 10 pc

I see you have asked a similar question on the Libreelec forum. You could try blue tooth, I use blue tooth in Coreelec with my headphones, you could try it.

Thank you for your answer. My solution was this one, if anyone needs it: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/9759-choosing-a-s905-s905x-s905d-s905w-s912-box-guide/?postID=99542#post99542

CoreELEC doesn’t use remote.conf

Sure? Without it, it doesnt work and when i copy it in there, it works.

CoreELEC IR remote does not use remote.conf
Maybe you’re not using CoreELEC?