NEW Repo for Remote files (Thanks to Betatester)

As far as I am aware, these wireless remotes, should just work. No configuration is needed.

That’s right.Mine functions immediately both in Coreelec and Android. As they have so many buttons if you wish for some of them to have another function, this is another matter.

Knock yourself out mapping buttons with this addon
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

So what’s the point of this format you pasted here.
remoze.conf ?
You either zip up your remote.conf and upload it
or don’t bother.

Hi,
I’m new here. Can you help me, please, with a Minix Z64A remote control. It is the most basic control of Minix. After installing LibreElec on a flash drive, everything is fine, except the remote control. I can’t get my remote to work at all. Can you help me with this problem. What is the correct “remote.config” file for this IR Remote, and the correct procedure to make it work?
Thank you!
Rui

Have you looked in the Repository for Amlogic & Meson Infrared Remote Controllers?

The remote for the Minix NEO X8-H Plus looks very much like the one you have. Maybe give that one a shot?

If you are unsure how to proceed, there are tutorials in the repositories Library section.

Minix Neo X8-H Plus

I hope this is a typo .

You are in the CoreELEC Forum

Hi Betatester,
I did, but still doesn’t work. Maybe because i’m using pen drive installation there is something i’m doing wrong…

Hi Kostaman,
I know but the topics are about the same questions, and i thought it would be no difference.

You are correct, both LibreELEC and CoreELEC store their remote configuration files in the same locations and the instructions on how to do so work for both JeOS. Most amlogic remote.conf files in the repository were pulled from the LibreELEC forums (giving credit where credit is due).

To bad the remote.conf from the NEO X8-H Plus doesn’t work out. If you feel adventurous, you could try to make your own remote.conf.

Thank you.
I found in my Minix android directory a file call minix-remotectl.kl, and the info in it is this:
key 28 ENTER
key 116 POWER WAKE
key 158 BACK
key 139 MENU
key 217 SEARCH
key 232 DPAD_CENTER
key 108 DPAD_DOWN
key 103 DPAD_UP
key 102 HOME
key 105 DPAD_LEFT
key 106 DPAD_RIGHT
key 115 VOLUME_UP
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
key 113 VOLUME_MUTE
key 402 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE
key 88 MEDIA_NEXT
key 87 MEDIA_PREVIOUS
key 141 SETTINGS

Helps?

This is an excerpt of my X96+

key_begin

First set of keys

0x40  116 #	POWER	(examples, 31 shut-down menu, 116 power down no menu   
0x18  115 #	VOLUMEUP
0x10  114 #	VOLUMEDOWN
0x43  23  #	STAR	(examples 15 tab, 23 info, 24 codec info, 113 mute, 354 favourites, 18 TVguide, print screen 210 etc)

You will see that there are other codes, 0x10 etc, these are derived from the key presses on the remote.

Please read the guide again, (I’m sure you have already read it at least once)

this will tell you how to record the key presses.

Only you can do this, no one here seems to have that remote.

Thanks again,
One odd thing is that when I give the dmesg -c command in putty, nothing happen, it returns the same prompt line. The system isn’t recognizing the remote…

I don’t understand, linux codes, etc, but if you post what shows on putty, perhaps someone with more brains than me can help.

The -c flag clears your dmesg history. If you run dmesg -c a 2nd time, and there were no new kernel messages printed into the log, the command will return nothing, and you’ll get the prompt again.
Use dmesg instead of dmesg -c.

Try this one. Let me know if this works please.

remote.conf (1.9 KB)

Thank you Betatester, I’ll try it.
I’ve tried another command in SSH Putty, “ir-keytable –t”, and then press some buttons on the remote to see what happens on putty windows, but it return that doesn’t recognize it and that didn’t encountered the command. It seems that doesn’t load nothing regarding to the remote…

Thank you. I’m not a big linux user…

I am going to assume the remote.conf send to @rganhao works.

@rganhao are you sure you first pressed a remotebutton then quickly dmesg -c in putty?