NFS server

Any chance to add NFS server function to CoreELEC? I have an enigma2 satellite receiver and when I edit the /etc/exports file, it works good. I would like to see similar on Amlogic box as well.

Kodi already implements a DLNA and SMB servers.
What would you use NFS for?

I know, but NFS is more faster than SMB. I have an S912 box with gigabit ethernet, and I want to use as NAS too.

SMB is not really satisfactory for me. It is a compromise, using it on Linux boxes/PCs.
I have no Windows operating systems on any of my devices here, including multiple PCs.
I accept this is not the ‘norm’.
I would much prefer NFS access (and speed).

Just out of a curiosity, how much R/W throughput will you expect to get with NFS and/or SMB over a gigabit LAN? Also, what hardware platform is hosting your NFS server?

You will be able to install nfs-kernel-server with the the entware addition that I am planning on adding.

1 Like

Thank you!

Maximum of the USB 2.0 speed. I have some S905X clients with CE and one HTPC with Ubuntu.

Have you tested this to find out the real R/W throughputs?

Thanks a lot, I want NFS server on libreelec already for a long time as I have only linux boxes in the house.

adamg
11h
You will be able to install nfs-kernel-server with the the entware addition that I am planning on adding.

Thank you.
I look forward to it. :smiley:

1 Like

There is a test build you can try here: 🆕 Entware package manager

Thank you for the ‘heads-up’.
I was not aware of this.
Regards.

EDIT:
Maybe someone with some knowledge of Entware/Opt packages could do a simple How-to for getting NFS-server working? I cannot find anything on the net :frowning:
Portmap won’t start, but I have no real idea if I have done things properly.