Nightly builds (NEW)

Thank you, I got the sample already. Will see what I can find.

@Portisch, i have some problems with HDMI-CEC with the odroid-c4. I have write you a PM.

Don’t write PMs to team members, post in a relevant thread or open a new one if there is none.

Thx for confirmation and sorry for a shitty filehosting used for a sample. :slight_smile:
I guess too that its something wrong with codec used but the point is its played without any issues with hardware acceleration enabled on s905w@CoreELEC 9.2.1 as well as on s905x3@Android.
So looks like its kinda regression in CoreELEC-ng branch…

For users who use dvb part(on -NG builds): please test latest nightly to check if no regression to compare with previous nightly or 9.2.2 stable.

For other users: latest nightly include Kodi 18.7 and new kernel changes. Feel free to inform if you see some regression. It’s better to do it now than after next release :wink:

1 Like

I just updated my N2 to nightly_20200525.
Manual upgrade was smooth, install runs from emmc.
On my setup, nothing visibly broken.
Simple things really, some smb shares mounted for remote media,
an xbox tuner for DVB-T, + netflix addon.
Media playback up to 1080p via SMB looks ok.
DVB-T(1) works as before.
Pressing “O” still doesn’t show DVB reception values.
New Tvheadend 4.2 also works with no issues.
It needs more testing, but the issues I had with xbox tuner and rear usb ports
(as described: N2 9.2.2 & DVB-T issues.) seem to persist.
For now I will keep using an otg adapter with the front usb,
and I hope that the devs will find a better solution down the road.
Playback of media files via smb shares ok.
Netflix ok (still SD though, but that’s an other issue…).
On 4k/HDR/3D front i can’t comment/test.
One glitch I did notice:
CEC fails (or delays a lot…) to connect to tv (old samsung) on cold boot,
its ok on reboot.
It was connecting immediately on 9.2.2.
Other than that it looks ok to me.
Now patiently awaiting next stable…

1 Like

Just tried nighly 20200525 on my N2
Everything seems ok like on 9.2.2 except the problem with hauppauge win dual DVB-T usb tuner like described here : 9.2.2 DVB tbs driver / Hauppauge USB wintv dual HD / Tvheadend conflict
So inusable for me

Have you tried your tuner with the other driver modules in this nightly?

Yes the same as 9.2.2 (was working on 9.2.1)
Crazycat or form latest kernel : doesn’t work
CE default drivers : working but only one tuner instead of two
see : 9.2.2 DVB tbs driver / Hauppauge USB wintv dual HD / Tvheadend conflict

Could you please try latest nightly to see if the problem is still there. I was wondering because I my case, with the latest nightlies my mygica/geniatech t230 is detected as dvb-c tuner in default module drivers and it wasn’t before.

@Vasco no it’s the same with latest nightly only one tuner detected with CE default drivers.

I have the problem, that by the new Odroid C4, the Green LAN LED is on. It’s not blinking, no its every time active an its to glow green. It’s glow also, if the C4 is shutdown. here is an UARt Log.
Lanled.log (10.5 KB)

As hinted by the devs and as reported earlier, I did install nightly 20200525 to test dvb functionality.
One possible issue:
My understanding is that nightlies auto-update(?) on every new nightly build.
Mine doesn’t detect 20200528, nor I get any prompt to update,
and update channel is empty on gui.
Something broken or something that I don’t understand?
Thanks.

I am on nightly 20200523:
yes, my network is Gigabit and on my C4 the green 100mbps LED is stable active and the orange 1000mbps LED is blinking (which is ok). But this is no functionality restriction, data transfer is gigabit-speed.

Yes, this is not a functional limitation. But I think the LED should be off and not 24/7 on. I have the feeling that the C4 does not shut down properly. I have never seen a device where the LED was permanently on, even when the device was shut down.
On my N2 the LAN LED sometimes flashes orange when it is switched off and does not light up permanently green.
Does HDMI-CEC work properly for you?

The LED colors and indicators are set by the driver in the kernel.
Green indicates 1gbps, blinking orange indicates transfers.

Here you can see what I mean. The device is off (red and blue LEDs are off) and the green LAN LED is on. Furthermore, I just saw that the orange LAN LED flashes, as I know it from the N2 and other devices.

the C4 description says:

Ethernet LED indicators
Green: 100mbps connection
Amber: 1000mbps connection

Summary

This text will be hidden

Yes, the colors are always an indication of the speed, but the LAN LEDs should also look when the device is off. They should not shine permanently. It is normal that the LAN LED sometimes flashes orange when the mode is switched off, but does not light up permanently green.
I am not aware of any device that the LAN LED is permanently lit.
And believe me, I have a lot of devices.

If the C4 is shut down, the green LED is stable on, the amber LED is blinking (network-interface is active).
WOL works. When I deactivate WOL in the CoreELEC-app, then WOL
does no longer work (that is ok), but the LED behaviour i the same as before.

And as @Mister-XY said, the green LED should be switched off when a gigabit network is connected.
And it should be off, when the whole device is switched off.
I would say…