Nightly builds (NEW)

hello,
I have set ‘Custom channel 1’ to https://relkai.coreelec.org/releases.json .
now the whole update page stays empty, after restart too.

where is the settings for that stored? I want to reset it.
its not stored in guisettings file.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.1-Matrix_nightly_20210424

By no means an expert here, this is what i found in oe_settings.xml (under userdata)

<updates>
                        <AutoUpdate>auto</AutoUpdate>
                        <SubmitStats>0</SubmitStats>
                        <Channel>CoreELEC-19</Channel>
                        <Update2NextStable>1</Update2NextStable>
                        <ShowCustomChannels>0</ShowCustomChannels>
                        <UpdateNotify>1</UpdateNotify>
                        <CustomChannel1/>
                </updates>
1 Like

Why you set custom channel and then set the normal channel? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As no log is attached make a clean install and try again.

Oh thats bad. I have no oe_settings.xml. Not under userdata.

Fixed… Found under addon_data a folder named service.coreelec.settings.There is the oe_settings.xml. :slight_smile:

Yes, sry, wasn’t being very specific.

4/29 Matrix nightly on Odroid N2+ the CPU is really pegging out even when merely idling!

http://ix.io/3lij

try to set governor to performance in ce settings

Thanks, but already had it set to performance. Swapped over to on demand and noticed no change. Was 100% on 2 or more cores when idling or playing h264 or h265. CPU was getting cooked so rolled back to RC4, a temp solve.

ODD THING HERE. Reinstalled the nightly - it behaved as before, hitting 100% on 3 or more cores constantly. I went into to start disabling add-ons. While trying to decide which add-on could be causing this kind of acting up, I played a couple of video add-ons, the N2+ abruptly calmed down, for no apparent reason. After 48 hours it is still running (a few degrees warmer) normally and playing all fine. Still trying to figure what I did to either cause this or cure it. No idea, really.

Sounds like something addon-related.
I dont have any issues with cpu load with either gov setting.

Hi
I use the nightly 20210318 ng 9.2 for my T95MaxPlus 4/32 and I try to update to the last nightly but I do not find it thru chanel update ! On the web site I see the build from April 25 but there is nothing in my update chanel in KODI here https://relkai.coreelec.org/releases.json … Is it possible to update the build without downloading/putting tar file on update folder ? Thanks

Change to auto update in CE settings.
The channel you entered is for CE 19 only.

9.2 is not active development branch anymore.

Ok
Thank you !

Nooo. Installed the latest nightly on my Mecool KI Pro box and WiFi is broken. There’s nothing shown in CE menu under “Connections”. Skipped nightlies for some days and didn’t install. But today did an update and WiFi is gone! Previously WiFi always worked.

now how to get this fixed? Can’t update without WiFi as not using LAn cable…

We just bumped into this problem and is only present in today’s nightly. If you only have wifi you can download the previous nightly (or the tomorrow’s one) and put it in a USB drive. Then copy it in file manager to the update folder.

1 Like

Hi Vasco thank you. Meanwhile I did it exactly like you described. if anyone else encounters this then just download the previous neightly from relkai onto a usb disk and add a manual source into the filemanager “/storage/.update/”. Then copy the previous nightly into it and reboot. Voila! WiFi works again! Thanks!

1 Like

Today i’ve burned on SD the Nightly_20210520-Generic and WIFI of my Tanix Tx5pro (s905x - 2/16GB) is working again :slight_smile: . No more empty connections window! It didn’t work with CE 19.1 and previous 19.0 rc. (I wasn’t able to produce a dsmeg for Portisch or other devs). Thanks

Usually run nightly builds but have been on 19.2 rc2 now for a while on Odroid N2. Are there any specific commits/fixes lately to make a N2 user want to be on the nightly apart from “just because/just to test”? There’s really nothing wrong with rc2, hence the question.

I would look upon things from the perspective of do things work as I require.

If that is the case then there will be no compelling reason to install a nightly.

A daily build or nightly build is the practice of completing a software build of the latest version of a program, on a daily basis. This is so it can first be compiled to ensure that all required dependencies are present, and possibly tested to show no bugs have been introduced. The daily build is also often publicly available allowing access to the latest features for feedback. In this context, a build is the result of compiling and linking all the files that make up a program. The use of such disciplined procedures as daily builds is particularly necessary in large organizations where many programmers are working on a single piece of software. Performing daily builds helps ensure that developers can work knowing with reasonable certainty that any new bugs that show up are a result of their own work done within the last day.

Daily builds typically include a set of tests, sometimes called a “smoke test.” These tests are included to assist in determining what may have been broken by the changes included in the latest build. The critical piece of this process is to include new and revised tests as the project progresses.

Source: wikipedia.

Just flagging up an issue with the latest nightly build, updated this morning but since then my soundbar connected on HDMI Arc has been making a horrible whining sound for about 2-3 seconds after stopping a video.