Nightly builds (NEW)

There is any chance to install Coreelec on a A95X F3 Air 4GB Ram / 32GB Rom? Or from where to download Nightly build 20200112 (i see that other have successfully installed the coreelec with that nightly) ? The box is with sm1_ac213_4g and can’t install coreelec :frowning:

LE: I finally did it! I used CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.4-Matrix_nightly_20220121-Generic and sm1_s905x3_4g. The only thing that it’s not working it’s Bluetooth. Also, coreelec it’s keeping my Androidbox always on (stuck with “Boot” message and lights on) because it’s only entering in standby (it doesn’t know to shutdown the box) but at least I have DTS:X and TrueHD. Also, to have a functional remote control, I copied on sdcard a remote.conf file found on internet.

@Compent any news on that?

So it looks like this problem was caused by this commit:

From what I can guess by this commit, the aspect ratio value (ratio_control) is set to 0x3FF to indicate that the sample aspect ratio height and width has been saved. In most of the other decoders, and previously for the H265 decoder, the aspect ratio was calculated at the same time. Not sure why this new commit omits the actual aspect ratio recalculation for the H265 decoder, although the commit message kinda implies that the application using the decoder should be doing the aspect ratio calculation.

This ratio_control value then gets converted to a scaled value by left shifting by 8 (giving a value of 261888) and is used by Kodi to determine the aspect ratio to display, by dividing 65536 by ratio_control as per this CE commit, which results in the incorrect aspect ratio of 0.25:

What are the chances of getting this patched in CE? I don’t know enough about what is going on in the code, or why the change was done in this way, to suggest a proper fix but the following may provide some ideas:

1. Same problem (ratio_control being a flag value rather than the calculated AR) in the H264 decoder resulted in the aspect ratio calculation being added into the dec_status function (resulting in the AR being recalculated at roughly the same time it used to be)

2. Use the AR calc from the removed calc_ar function in the new aspect_ratio_set function

It’s just wrong visual info that kodi PlayerProcess receive.
Will be fixed later, I have a patch for it.
For decoding it uses correct values.

:+1: Thanks
I realised the decoding was fine, but I was using the aspect ratio as part of doing some resolution independent frame capture. Can work around the problem by just calculating the AR separately but went down the rabbit hole instead…

Sound and image is cut while watching TV.Buffering.
Relevant image

debug log
https://paste.c-net.org/TransferRelay

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, I got rushed into hospital.

I’ll do some testing over the weekend and let you know.

get well soon

1 Like

I tried it with all the nightlies from 20220112 to 20220129 but each stalls on boot.

@MoojMidge , fixed in current nightly

Cheers! Appreciate it

Not sure if this has been reported before or whether this is the right place to report this - this forum is quite hard to search properly, and it seems there is no issue reporting on GitHub.

On my Odroid N2+, CoreELEC 19.4-Matrix_nightly_20220130 renders a broken GUI at 4K resolution. It looks very fuzzy, almost as if scanlines were somehow interlaced. All GUI elements are affected - menus, subtitles, etc.
4K content itself seems to be rendered correctly.

See here for photos: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Earlier builds may be affected as well. Most likely the issue appeared sometime in January, as I hadn’t used my box since early January when everything still looked fine.

You could select “Disable GUI scaling” and reboot

Thanks, but that does not work.

To clarify, I have (and always had) ‘Resolution’ set to 1920x1080p set in the Display settings. Displaying 1080p content works fine and the GUI renders well. However, the GUI overlayed when displaying 4K content is rendered in a broken state. This is a clear regression, since it only changed recently. With the same settings, it used to be rendered just fine.

If I now select ‘Disable GUI scaling’, then I end up with a quarter-size picture in the upper right corner when playing 4K content - clearly not what I want.

Edit: There is no setting involving ‘Disable GUI scaling’ that would fix the issue:

1. Resolution 1920x1080p / Disable GUI scaling off → GUI rendering fuzzy when playing 4K content
  2. Resolution 1920x1080p / Disable GUI scaling on → quarter-size viewport when displaying 4K content
  3. Resolution 3840x2160p / Disable GUI scaling off → GUI rendering fuzzy at all times
  4. Resolution 3840x2160p / Disable GUI scaling on → quarter-size viewport at all times

Case 1) used to work fine, with the GUI rendered correctly.

I observe the same behavior. Hoping Nexus wasn’t affected, I switched to Nexus alpha. I got rid of the quarter-size viewport issue by deleting all resolution-related entries in guisettings.xml.

But if I remember correctly, the fuzzy font was already visible in the last few versonss of 19.4 during the update process (text information when updating the kernel on the left side of the screen), thus before Kodi started and only linux was running in the background. I’ll wait until the next Nexus update and try to take a picture of it when the update is in progress

Unfortunately, I can only describe it as well as google translate makes possible

To correct the 1/4 screen problem please delete all resolution related entries in guisettings.xml located at /storage/.kodi/userdata/.

Thanks! I deleted the whole < resolutions >…< /resolutions > section and rebooted, but I’m afraid it doesn’t make a difference for me. The section reappears with the default entries and apparently wrong(?) values for < subtitles > and < overscan > sub-tags for all resolutions above 1080p.
Will leave things as-is for now and wait for a fix for the original fuzziness problem.

Do you use the default estuary skin?

Overscan should be disabled on TV and not configured on box.
You could set it to original in HDMI port settings on TV.
It could have different names or places on your TV.
But below are some samples:

Samsung TV - go to Menu / Picture / Picture Options / Size / Screen Fit (instead of 16:9).
LG TV - go to Settings / Picture / Aspect Ratio / Just Scan (instead of 16:9)
Sony TV - hit Home button, go to Settings / Screen / Display Area / Full Pixel
Sharp TV - hit View Mode button, select "Dot by Dot" or "Full screen"

The fuzzy font during the update process. 4K GUI and scaling on.