Nightly builds (NEW)

Device you have? N2? Or another with bl301 injected?

Here is a link to my UK interlaced file

Yes, I use hyperion.ng.
That is very good news, thank you!

For so old 576i h264 material it possible that software decoding will be better.
You could choose in Settings->Player->Videos:
Accelerate h264 -> HD and up

i’m using x96 Air, S905X3, 4GB/32GB, bored etc shows as franklin, running CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200219-Generic.img

no one facing that problem?

Updated to 20200221 NG (A95X Max) and was pleasantly surprised to see support for the MT7668 WiFi/BT Module.

I can confirm that WiFi works, although there is no BT adapter seen.

I’m not sure if it because there seems to be a number of MT7668 chip references that may perhaps require different drivers. MT7668 RSN is what is in the A95X Max.

Great work as it did seem that a driver was not available :smile:

Android Kodi doesn’t have the problem, just like Android VLC doesn’t. For the time being I will use Android Kodi for my Home videos. They do not need HD audio passthrough. I need Corelec for movie rips for that reason.

@Compent I have been working with a few users on the WiFi and BT issues that some users had and a number of chipsets have been fixed within the last week.

Yes I’ve been following that thread but did not want to double post and as it was something specifically noted in a nightly build, I thought that this was the best place to give feedback.

1 Like

@Portisch I can confirm that with the last nightly, CoreELEC no longer restarts after a playback pause. Thank you!!!

Just updated my nightly for the first time in a couple weeks on my N2 and I am now stuck in a bootloop. I’ve been going through the posts to try and find a solution before posting and saw something briefly mentioned about replacing the KERNEL.img and SYSTEM files with one from a previous build and I’m just making sure that is still the accepted fix or if it’s easier to just reflash the whole image? Sorry if this is a dumb question or not in the right place.

@ AnomanderRake508

You didnt mention what version?
I had boot loop on 22. Downloaded 23 and it worked OK. (H96 max 905x2)

I was actually trying to figure out the version so I didn’t misspeak. I just downloaded the update from the prompt saying that “a new update was available, would you like to download” and I didn’t pay close enough attention at the time to catch it. I’ve been going over the SD Card files to try and find something but couldn’t. I was just going to try the manual update by putting the update .tar in the .update folder but it says that folder is write protected so I’m trying to figure that out now. I’m just on Win 10 so it’s a pain dealing with Linux partitions.

I’d like to ask if something is the expected behaviour for the Ng Nightlies on the latest kernel because I’ve noted a difference from the stable version.

In stable, there is audio output from the jack socket of my S905x2 box as well as HDMI. As far as I can recall, this has always been so. In the nightlies, I can get audio from the jack by setting PCM audio but that stops HDMI sound. I can get HDMI sound by selecting HDMI in the sound settings but that kills the jack output.

I have to admit that the new way is more logical but it makes life with a telly, amp and speakers a bit more difficult. I like to turn my telly off when listening to music and have my amp fed from the telly (HDMI) and from the jack (for music). I’ve found a kodi addon called “audio profiles” that gets round this but it’s not quite as easy as the old way.

As I said at the outset, is the new behaviour the expected behaviour?

https://relkai.coreelec.org/

You dont need to deal with partitions.
Use Rufus and add the image to an sd card.

It should give a reboot prompt. The upgrade download is a .tar, not an img. Its expanded on boot and replaces the current files.

I always try to use the new image in case it includes changes to the dtb.
Also this way by swapping over SD cards you can go back to the old one if there are issues.

After nightly version, I noticed that the VIM3L LED is off after powering on. It worked in previous versions.

Use 20200226 nightly, x96 max plus 4g/32g box wifi can’t work again, It worked in previous versions.