Nightly builds (NEW)

I would disagree. Well, at least it depends on heatsink, but I dont think active is need for those… With correct ondemand Ive got max something like 52 (4k max, usualy around 48), and idling at 39-40 with passives.

Anyway, I wont comment this anymore here as its offtopic :slight_smile:

what would be the right topic? I remember seeing some pictures with radiators, but it was about N2…

You can create a topic under help&support - hardware. That’s a nice idea. People can post their solutions!

ok, give me an idea for the topic title? my English is not very good and I may not find the right one.
thanks.

suggestions: Custom Cooling Solutions with pictures.

I found a suitable one created by JimmyS, I will write there.

Moved to “DIY Thermal Modifications” topic

A good title is “DIY Thermal Modifications”. Use this to showcase the thermal mods.

Yes, and all temperature related posts from here should be moved to that thread.

My specific comment on passive cooling was in reference to the heatsinks shown. Given their size they would simply delay the point at which the chip reached thermal throttling. The N2 shows the sorrt of size of heatsink required. Retrofitting such a large heatsink would be challenging.

A 4inch fan with a hole cut in the case is an elegant silent solution. I got a drop of 25c with such a solution. Running the S905x3 with performances governor and overclocked graphics gives equal performance to the s922 but is only possible with additional cooling.

Shoog

No, these boxes don’t need active cooling. Several people modded their box and got nice results.
Usually a little adjustment to connect the SoC to the heatsink is enough.

A steel plate is not a heatsink.

Shoog

You are both right. The heat dissipated by the processor must somehow be transferred to the air in the end. This can be achieved by strong current and small radiators or with radiators with large surface area of radiation and no longer need a strong fan, just a wind breeze.
The water cooling systems do exactly the same thing, the water is heated by the processor, then it is cooled by air through a radiator.

Technically maybe not but practically it is.
The problem could be the like this:

Hello,

I got tp-link t4u wifi card (RTL8812AU), it was running fime till 2020.02.26 nigtly. On this release acted vey poorly. on latest nigtly it doesn’t work at all… (it still visible when issuing lsusb throuhg ssh). So last correctly working nightly for this is 25.02. Was the support removed from the kernel on newer ones?

Support wasn’t removed. The driver was updated on the 26, so that would probably account for the first change in behavior.

Which device do you have?

GT King rev a.
26th buil - it kinda worked but about 3 times slower, on last nightly it doesn’t work at all.

Hi all. I am new here, nice to meet you all. I have just bought a X96 Max S905X2 4/32GB and LAN 1000Mb. Now I am about to try flashing the Nightly build on my Micro SD card but I am confused about which version to flash: “CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-nightly_20200302-Generic.img.gz” or “CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200302-Generic.img.gz”. So can you help me which version is better for my device and what are the differences between the 2? Thank you :blush:

You need the ng version.
The main difference is that one is running on your box the other doesn’t.

1 Like

hello! so i got a vim3l today htpc kit comes with 9.2.0 and theres allways hdr on gui and no hd sound passthrough (atmos) ,which nightly should i get?? i see several files to download , should i just get the .tar or do fresh install? it has 9.2.0 on internal as you know.