Nightly builds (NEW)

In my case (X96 Max+ - 4/64, Gigabit, S905X3-), BT is working for BT headphones since more or less a couple of weeks (I think that after this update: https://relkai.coreelec.org/archive/old_changelogs/changelog-20200213.txt 1 ), but not working when disconnected (can’t be reconnected again without rebooting CoreELEC), but not working for PS4 DualShock gamepad.
That’s a curious thing. BT of X96 Max+ in CoreELEC recognizes the “Wireless Controller”, I can “pair” it (PS4 dualshock light is “fixed”) and it works more or less for 2-4 seconds (in that second I can “control” CoreELEC with PS4 dualshock). After a few seconds, the light of PS4 dualshock is gone, and CoreELEC does not recognize the commands from it anymore… but CoreELEC “says” that it’s still connected.
I can connect it again (only for 2-4 seconds) if reboot CE.

PS4 gamepad is working (for hours) with BT using the Android 9.0 that comes with this TV Box.

Good job!
Ondemand doesn’t do much of the job with default parameters. Almost all the time the frequency is at maximum, 1908, as in performance mode even in idle.
We changed the value from 50 to 100 in up_threshold, and now it really works between 667 and 1908, depending on the requests. I did not notice problems, only after restarting the value in up_threshold returns to 50.
How can I set it to remain 100 by default?

Thanks.

Xmax Air P3 … BT had worked but now has reverted to previous state of locking up requiring a reboot to reset it to pair again … nightly_20200228 image.

I see it differently on vim3:

SoC governor:  CPU 0: ondemand,  666 MHz
               CPU 4: ondemand, 2208 MHz

Wait a bit to see me on vim3, but as far as I can remember, it only looks like 1908. Does it look like this SoC governor: CPU 0: ondemand, 666 MHz
in netdata on vim3?
Now I was talking about an X96 Max with s905x3.
I’ll be back in 5 minutes.

My vim3 looks 667/1800 cpu speed. More 1800. How can I see how it looks on you?
CPU 0: ondemand, 666 MHz

On demand adjusts dynamically depending on the load of the system.

Yes, I understood that. But at least my s905x3 with 50 in the up_threshold file doesn’t work very well. About 99% frequency remains on the maximum even in idle. If I change to 100, really the frequency ranges from 667 to maximum 1908 depending on the requests.

If its stuck on 1908 then the governor is on performance and when it drops down it is thermally throttling.

Shoog

It is not blocked in 1908 and does not descend due to the temperature, in idle I have only 54 gr Celius.
Before this setting is available in the Kodi interface, I used that
#! / Bin / sh
(
echo ‘ondemand’> / sys / devices / system / cpu / cpufreq / policy0 / scaling_governor
) &
and it was functioning normally, that is, it was 667 in idle, with short times when the frequency was increasing. When watching movies the frequency oscillates between min and max, as was normal for the wave.
Now it rarely happens to fall below 1908, even in idles.
Can anyone tell me how to change and remain the value 100 in up_threshold? I don’t want to convince anyone that this is right or wrong, I just wish I could change that value. I would like to keep the processor cooler without additional heatsinks and no holes in the X96 box.
Thanks.

Put that script into .config/autostart.sh and it will run at boot.

Thank you for answering lbernstone, but no need for this script in the autostart, it is setting in coreelec / hardware to activate ondemand governor.
I think it is better to seek help in the topic Cooling CPU in software S905X2/S922?, here are some other small problems to solve.
Multumesc.

Not sure this is the right place for this, I posted in feature requests too.
I have Kodi running with a screensaver cause I sometimes fall asleep and don’t want burn-ins on my TV.
I have the updates set to manual.
Last night I fell asleep and didn’t turn off the TV and when I woke up I saw the “update available” pop up overlaying the screensaver.
This isn’t very good when you try to avoid burn-in. Can it be set to not do that?

Think it’s disabled by devs for nightly builds.

hi adam

could you maybe take a look at Iptv: one channel is stuttering, all others work / stream stalled in log ?
maybe i did something wrong so no one is answering me and i don’t see it.

i am pretty lost atm - i love that channel (it has no ads and good movies).
can you maybe help me? thanks in advance!

I think it is this commit

Personally, I am using old ondemand defaults, as I found they works better for me on my use-cases C2 and VIM3L. I also found not necessary longer times on higher CPU values than before with new defaults.

Regarding up threshold, you could try something like:
echo XX > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/up_threshold

related valuesto that commit which I found could be:
NEW:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/io_is_busy    				1
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/up_threshold  				50
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/sampling_rate 				100000
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/sampling_down_factor 50

OLD:

cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/io_is_busy    				0
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/up_threshold  				90
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/sampling_rate 				50000
cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/policy0/ondemand/sampling_down_factor 1

It is unfeasible to use the nigthly of 28 in x96 air. Easily reach 75 degrees and restart. It was not so high in the previous ones
I have the Governor on demand. Could you download the one from day 25?

Thanks Jimmy for the answer, you’re right. With the old values it works better. I managed to change up threshold through autostart with the command written by you but with sleep 40. I wrote that it was solved in this topic Cooling CPU in software S905X2/S922? . I thought it’s better to move the discussion there, here I think it was enough feedback for nightly build relationship with this.

How do you manage to use old values for ondemand after updating? All through autostart.sh?

I would run the official release if I were you.

@timfolk I will have a look at this issue.