Nightly builds (NEW)

I have a similar problem. Update channel is empty, no “Available Versions” to select.

The update channel doesn’t need to be configured for automatic nightly updates.
Due to the recent server crash the update function wasn’t working properly during the last days.
It should start working again soon.

It’s look like fine for the CEC error. Now its run fine.
cec3.log (10.7 KB)

Ok, thx for testing. I will include it in next nightly.

1 Like

Now we can watch for the wrong LED LAN setting :wink:

Try to switch off WOL, shutdown the box, unplug power cable, plug it again, wait untill CE starts, shutdown and check if it solves LED issue or not.

I have not activated a WOL at all. I activated it now and deactivated it again immediately.
I took a closer look and saw that even when the green light is on all the time, the amber LED flashes in the background.
The green LED flashes a few times during the start, but after that it is continuously on.

I already explained why the leds behave differently in CE. Not all devices turn off power to the NIC completely.

This is not just about switching off. THE LED is on all the time. Even in CE mode, the LED lights up green all the time, while the amber LED flashes in CE mode. In other words, both are in CE operation.
It is only likely to be set to “ON” once and it remains in this state all the time. There must be a command to set this LED to “OFF”. I honestly haven’t seen a single device where that’s the case.

As @TheCoolest mentioned already, the LED configuration in CE is not in the same way we expect and the Hardkernel description shows.

But @TheCoolest:
I connected the C4-LAN-port to a 100mbps switch, transferrate dropped down to 100mbps with Speedtest-app.

dmesg shows:

[    9.001396@1] meson6-dwmac ff3f0000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 100Mbps/Full - flow control rx/tx

But the LED behaviour remains the same, green LED is always on, amber LED is showing network activity. Same after reboot.
As far as I understood an active green LED shows a gigabit connection. So when the green LED is off, it should flag a 100mbps connection. But that is not the case…

Not a big thing for me, but something works not as intended…

That’s what I mean, something must be wrong in the hardware or in the settings. For fun it doesn’t light up permanently.
And you already show yourself that there is a mistake.

The value 0xC171 means the following:

• LED0 (which is not used in C4) would indicate a 10Mbps link + RX/TX activity
  • LED1 indicates an active link for 10/100/1000Mbps connectivity.
  • LED2 indicates RX\TX activity.

Is it not possible to make a
if C4 then

phy_write(phydev, RTL821x_LCR, 0XC139); /*led configuration*/

else

phy_write(phydev, RTL821x_LCR, 0XC171); /*led configuration*/

fi

do you know what i mean?
This was only a sample. i have no idea what 0XC139 means.

Why?
We’re using a configuration which consistently works with all devices, and I don’t see why the particular configuration of the ethernet leds bothers you so much.
We are looking to avoid making any device specific changes in code, particularly in places such as Ethernet.

Apologies for the late response, I managed to catch the damned covid 19.

Attached is a sample of 3 files, 1 working and two not. I also ran updates for every release since 20200423 to test each one by ascertaining whether any would yield a successful power off, of which none did.

I then replaced the dtb.img in ./flash for each release, rebooted and then tested power off with the working dtb and 100% of the time it worked, so I do at least have a permanent working solution that takes only a couple of minutes to initiate.

@Portisch, I’ll post dmesg etc shortly as requested.

I’m sure that it would be interesting to see if any other user that relies upon g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit with a different box ha the same issues.g12a_s905x2_4g_1gbit.zip (199.5 KB)

If you don’t mind me asking. What is the benefit in turning of the LED. You have sleepless nights because of the green LED lighting up your nights?

Hi Ray, nice to see and hear you here.
I taped the LED and packed the C4 into the case. Now you can no longer see them. Before that, the C4 was not in the case, since you often had to create a UART log.
Above all, you now have your peace of mind at night because this LED is no longer visible.

Hi Mister-XY,

I have no C4 to try but iirc you normally can change LED’s through sysfs. It’s similar path as for the blueled on N2 (remember the times we used echo in autostart.sh?). Just check in /sys/class/leds if there is something.
Ray

LEDs are controlled by RTL8211f. So the behavior can only be changed by register shown by @TheCoolest.

3 Likes

Is the wireguard client still leaking dns? (iirc it was the last issue I read about it(?).)