Nightly builds

How do u ssh

After last update, on 905x before show boot splash i see /init: line 986 tee not found and stack on splash

UPD: use 911fix.sh resolve this trouble.

Glad to say I formatted, installed stable and then installed 0912, then today updated to 0913 without issue. Good work.

1 Like

use WinSCP or Putty

I have updated to 0912 with the script, but now I have the same problem to update to 13 nightly

original script updated
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/nightly-builds/1465/1362

and after all reboots please upload uname -a output and feedback if it works correctly for you

@gmx_201_2G

Linux CoreELEC 3.14.29 #1 SMP Fri Sep 13 00:31:14 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

THX A LOT WORKED
can we edit the scrip for 913 ?

it should download and update after next reboot correctly to 1309

Here you have the uname -a output:

CoreELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux CoreELEC 3.14.29 #1 SMP Thu Sep 12 00:32:18 CEST 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux
CoreELEC:~ #

It updates to 0912, I have the notification of 0913 update but it doesn’t install and freezes on bootlogo again

Bonjour,
I can not find the covers/infos of my new movies, do you know why? I did not change any settings …
Vim3

What box do you have?
And does CE installed on sd/usb card?

I have a Tanix TX7 (s905x) 2/32 running CE from internal memory

So for anybody using internal memory with old style install2internal, (you know that thing some of the developers keep saying is not officially supported, and don’t recommend doing), you have probably found that my script won’t work right with it, since the kernel lives in a different location on devices setup that way. If you have such an install you need to either manually update or run my script and then manually move /flash/kernel.img to correct location for your device.

And what’s the correct location for kernel.img?

Can someone else confirm that once this broken kernel is embedded on your emmc you can no longer boot from USB. Makes expunging it a little tricky.

Shoog

Removed old info

@sammaz existing script I posted fixes an EMMC install. However there is some confusion between the terms “EMMC install”, “internal install” and “install2internal”. they are not all the same and it gets confused since they tend to get used interchangeably.

I’m waiting for test results for a fix for the people still having problems. So should be able to deal with remaining problems shortly.

So I got positive response from a tester. If you have the update problem on an install2internal setup then the following should help you.

wget https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/tools/911fix.sh -O /storage/911fix.sh
wget https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/tools/i2ikm.sh -O /storage/i2ikm.sh
sh /storage/911fix.sh
sh /storage/i2ikm.sh

Then reboot.

If you have a normal install the instructions to fix the update issue with 20190911 build remains the same as before, and you just need to use the 911fix.sh script.

1 Like

That worked! Thank you so much.

After reboot, it autoupdated to 0913 just fine!!

I have a big problem, my scraper does not work anymore. Kodi can not find the covers of my movies since this weekend.I use TMDB (Fr) for Scraper. I can not understand if it comes from TMDB or CoreElec ?

VIM3 - CE 15/09 nightly_20190914