Nightly builds

So you didn’t bother reading what I wrote at all?
Because that’s nothing to do with it.

There is already an easy way to stay one (or more) behind and that is to say no to the prompt to download the latest nightly.

I was explaining why it is done the way it is and why all nightlies are pushed to all nightlie users.
There are Stable builds and there are nightlies - thats the choice and I cannot see it changing because it generally works.

I was trapped in the 0911 mistake - but I also helped to solve it for everyone.

Shoog

You think I don’t know the reasoning behind it? Really?
Let’s just leave it. I made what I think is a sensible suggestion that would make life easier for users and the team. If you want to discuss that then great.

We don’t, we’ve discussed it in length already.

1 Like

Bluetooth issue introduced in 0915

R-TV BOX S10 S912 (Fn-Link 8223A-SR)

Bluetooth shown as being disabled, despite being enabled in services. Turning off and on didn’t resolve the problem.

WiFi element is OK.

Reverted back to 0914 and BT working.

dmesg
udevadm info
lsmod

dmesg
udevadm info
lsmod

@Compent this may be related to a change I made here.

Will look into it when I get a chance but I’m away on holiday tomorrow for a week.

Thanks and have a good holiday.

how to upgrade from nightly to stable version?download the “xxx.tar”, put in updated folder and restart?

Download the update .tar file for the build you need, then copy the downloaded tar file to the “.update” folder then restart.

@Compent I have reuploaded the tar’s with the offending commit reverted.

Thank you very much.

I’ve just applied the reuploaded tar but unfortunately the issue remains.

I’ll see what happens with tonights build.

Update: Resolved with 0917 and working perfectly.

CoreELEC (official): nightly_20190917 (Amlogic-ng.arm)

Vim 3 Pro

No audio

http://ix.io/1VHi

(Same as previous Odroid N2 test builds - #332 by kostaman )

I’ve been using Fixed Audio in system Audio settings since :

Odroid N2 Test Builds April 27th 2019

Noticed a big difference in Audio quality yesterday when i fired up the Vim 1 Pro s905x which works perfectly well with Audio settings on Best Match.

I’ve been listening to substandard audio with Fixed Audio using my Odroid n2 (Which shit itself) and replaced with the Vim 3 Pro.
Both these NG Devices have the fail to output 32,000 Hz audio using Best Match settings.
Simple SBC HDMI to Sharp Aquos TV setup.

**Connected to my NAD D 3020 Amp via Bluetooth. **
Audio Works with Best Match Settings

I quote myself from an other thread.

Tried the last 2 nightilies too, but dont boot. Tried it with different mSD, and “reboot to libreelec” app, with “Win32 Disk Iimager” instead of “Rufus”, nothing will boot on my device. I only see the bootlogo of X96. Did someone tried a full/clean flash for X96 Max?
But the strange is, LE builds booting fine. Only CE will not boot.

@Portisch any ideas? The only thing I can think of right now is to reflash original Android image and try again.

Are you using latest LE from balbes150?

If so, I think that version does some extra things with uboot and it prevents booting from CE. I had this happen to me and I had to reflash the Android image and then install CE.

Yepp tried balbes images. So you mean i have to flash the whole android fw again? Any recommends for fw, or can i just simply the custom fw from freakstab or any other via burning tool?

I recommend to flash the original firmware.

Should be able to use any firmware that is compatible, but original would be best.

I flashed this:- https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-android-pie-9-firmware-for-x96-max-tv-box-3.html by using the SD card method.

My box is also X96Max 4g/32g/1gbit ethernet S905x2.