Nightly builds

Hi,

I am running the nightlies and reflashed Android to get out of the stuck boot.

This system boots again but has re-introduced the green screen on my VIM3, the version of Android had been updated by Khadas and Superceleron which appears to have broken something again, I think it was bootloader related last time.

Anyone else getting this?

Thanks, E.

Yes. Until it is fully resolved you need to stick with Android version V190809.

Hi,
At which point Kodi 19 will start to show up in Nightlies? on beta stage? RC stage?
Just asking to be informed

Thanks

There’s no ETA on Kodi 19 right now.

@ukmark62 @hanspampel please read the following thread regarding switching distros.

Reinstalling Android is not required if your installed from SD/USB.

@Bindou HDR10+ is now displayed as HDR in nightly for past few days now.

2 Likes

Good news, thanks !

Hi
Ive written that i cant install 4g device_tree cause ive found out that my 4g ram version seems a fake 4g version or it has different board whatever. I cant install 4g.img, it only works with 2g version. I didnt found out what causes the problem. Is there a way to find out what version im having? It named as V311, i have the u211 recovery, but different board entries.

• Device and
  • Product = u211
  • Board = A95X_Max
  • Board = g12a_u211_ 2g ???

Is there a command for “getprop” etc. under CE? Or is there no reading from eMMC possible?

You can open it and check what memory chips you have on the board, that will be the safest way to tell if you have a fake ram box. But if only a 2gb dtb works, it’s likely that you’ve got a fake ram box.

Ok thx. But there’s a seal outside. Don’t know exactly how the seller will deal with the redemption if its a fake box wehn i destroy the seal. But i think ive give it a shot to go safe.

If the seller has sold you fake goods, the threat of dealing with fraud charges probably outweighs the cost of dealing with a voided warranty. There’s also the question of whether a warranty is valid if the product sold is what was purchased.

Do you think it is possible to improve the speed of audio track change?

thanks friend!!:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

@TheCoolest
So it seems it is a real 4gb version. Ive opened it, here the specs:

• WiFi chip: AP6356S
  • Chip eMMC Flash: Samsung klmbg4geac 628 32GB
  • Spectek PS082-062BT RAM Chip on 4GB DDR4LP Type

Here are some pics in spoiler:

Summary

So why the hell does CE only works with 2g dtb on my device?

Whilst that question gets answered get on and use it. You will never use more than approximately 1g of RAM when running CE, so I guarantee that you will see no difference.

However the real issue here is that the plethora of cheap Android boxes makes comprehensive support impossible, not helped by the fact that each board can have multiple versions in circulation.

The only recommended hardware for CE is one of the SBC’s.

Shoog

1 Like

Thanks to a user’s contribution, we now have LPCM support in the 4.9 kernel (Amlogic-ng).
Everything has been pushed, and should be available in the next nightly build. (20190929)
We were able to test it on Odroid N2 and Beelink GT-King. We have not tested it on S905X2 devices, but it should work. Please report any issues with this new feature.

Configuration:

• Disable the Enable Dolby Digital (AC3) transcoding option under Audio Passthrough
  • Select the HDMI Multi Ch PCM option in Audio output device
  • Select the number of channels
  • Leave other passthrough settings as they are, the passthrough device should remain HDMI

10 Likes

If some of you are not sure about which audio settings to use, take a look at Kodi’s Audio quick-start guide :+1: Especially for those of you with an AVR should select number of channels to 7.1 (regardless of your sound setup - example 5.1)

LPCM samples can be found at Kodi’s Samples

Example of Mediainfo with LPCM (VC1-1080p23.976-LPCM7.1)

Audio
ID : 2
Format : PCM
Format settings : Little / Signed
Codec ID : A_PCM/INT/LIT
Duration : 59s 781ms
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 6 144 Kbps
Channel(s) : 8 channels
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Frame rate : 32.000 fps (1500 SPF)
Bit depth : 16 bits
Delay relative to video : 11ms
Stream size : 43.8 MiB (15%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

1 Like

Excellent thank you!

Hi ci6n0z, i never noticed before that it is recommended to use 7.1 with AVR, even if the AVR only has 5.1 speakers.l, so i always used 5.1.

Do you know why its better to use 7.1 even if there are inly 5.1 speakers?