Nightly builds

Before deleting the file TheCoolest mentioned above, could you please provide a debug log of your system using pastebinit while checking for updates?

Running 108 and trying to update the TVH addon using the standard update method did not work for me, I had to install manually with the zip.

This doesn’t fix anything

Debug log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1F0emit1SekGwEN4PBLMQSY1cp2kgVmaY it’s too big for paste sites. I’ll try last nights nightly later today and see if there is any difference

We came up with a fix for the nightly repo problem, the next nightly will replace the normal CE repo with a nightly repo, and it should work as expected, and let you automatically update add-ons.

2 Likes

Cool, I’ll wait til tonight and check it out

I reported this issue that I’m having and many users who is using Kodi Library to watch their favorite tv show episode after upgrade to 8.9.5 on its thread now I upgrade to nightly 20181121 with same problem. Only happen after CE moved to B5 I tested B5 on Windows, Android and balbes150 LE B5 and all those system doesn’t have that issue.

Enable debug again, make it crash.
After Kodi restarts, it will create a crash log (/storage/.kodi/temp). Maybe that will help us pin point what goes wrong for you with that addon.

I tried few times but didn’t generate any crash file it stuck and freeze but doesn’t crash. Here’s the log just in case.

Kodi.log

Can you please explain how to reproduce this issue?

@Inter95 Remove all comments from your advancedsettings.xml and only leave values in there.

@HeresJohnny thanks for your reply and advice, I removed all comments and leave just values but didn’t work.

@TheCoolest, adding a tvshow from Alfa Addon to “Kodi Library”, when you try to watch an episode from Kodi library get freeze but if you watch same item from the addon doesn’t have any problem.

Latest 20181123 build makes my KII Pro enter in a bootlop at the Amlogic logo, although it does not brick it. Removing the sdcard allows me to boot into the Android partition.

I reproduced this error both trying to update from a previous CoreElec nightly (20181121) using a .tar update file, and trying to boot from a new sdcard with the installation image using the toothpick method.

I’ll try to reinstall 8.95.5 and test it again.

[edit]
Three different cards and 20181123 with same result. 8.95.5 installs fine. Would you say it could be related to the u-boot upgrade? How could I help testing this to get some logs and provide more info?

1 Like

You have a generic S905 box so there is no uboot used. Hard to tell what’s causing your issue without uart log.

What could also help is if you try to make a fresh 8.95.5 install then use the nightly tar to update. During update there is text on the screen. If you could make a foto of whats writtten there I can see what’s happening.

I got at least 2 other Mecool K2 Pro (S905) with the same problem, after compile done from latest git.
I would assume on the last commits a lot of changes were done to unify s905 units, and etc … it looks like something hard changed.

I’ll try to compile from source again and check too … but I’m almost 99% sure it started to happen after this

Btw
… also not sure, but i would assume this

Blockquote

add OOTB support for IR remote

IR_REMOTE_KEYMAPS="$IR_REMOTE_KEYMAPS odroid wetek_hub wetek_play_2 tanix kvim kvim2 minix_neo tanix mecool a95x"

Blockquote

when moved in new source, those minix_neo mecool a95x are missing at [projects/Amlogic/options]

Space separated list is supported,

DRIVER_ADDONS="crazycat_aml dvb-latest"	    DRIVER_ADDONS="crazycat_aml dvb-latest"
   # add OOTB support for IR remote
    IR_REMOTE_KEYMAPS="$IR_REMOTE_KEYMAPS odroid wetek_hub wetek_play_2 tanix kvim kvim2"
   # build with entware installer	  # build with entware installer
    ENTWARE_SUPPORT="yes"	    ENTWARE_SUPPORT="yes"
    ENTWARE_ARCH="aarch64-k3.10"	    ENTWARE_ARCH="aarch64-k3.10"

This is likely but without logs there is not even a point mentioning it here :wink:

Are you sure you have a dtb.img?
I’m asking because we had a multidtb inside the kernel.img but this was removed and only the additional dtb.img is read.

Tried to upgrade from a previous nightly (installed from scratch) and stable version, but does not show any unusual message (different from other installs), no error messages. It finish the upgrade, reboot and stuck in the amlogic logo bootloop.

Tried to install a self-compiled one too, same result.

On the installations from scratch I double checked I’m using the correct dtb. Using toothpick method makes it enter directly into the bootloop.

Now looking into making a serial cable to get those uart logs… At least I’m having fun :slight_smile:

S912 device upgraded from previous nightly and everything is good, no issues. I don"t know what happened to your box.

Yep VIM2 upgraded fine as well.

Shoog