Nightly builds

Your not a box seller are you :wink:

1 Like

I was just fiddeling around with the nightlies website.
There wonā€™t be any weekly releases and the website is reverted to the original state.

Quite opposite, box giver :slight_smile: You know, when your old folks get used to smartTV, then you have box per TVā€¦ Which is usually 2-3 per flat, then you have sisterā€™s family, girlfriend home, granparents home etcā€¦ :slight_smile:

@JimmyS well Iā€™m glad you find CE worthy enough to install it on so many devices.

Where nightlies are concerned then this issue is a no brainer, you install it because you want the very latest that we have to offer, there is no guarantee of stability implied with it.

If you want stability and dependability then you install the stable release as this is what it exists for.

We are far more stringent with our testing now than we ever have been given that our user numbers are still growing.

3 Likes

Nightlies are on a roll! Major releases every day :slight_smile: Daily visit to @relkai website is now a must! (Love reading the changelogs!!! #changelogaddicted)

1 Like

Upon further reflection after reading some of the comments that where postedā€¦

There will be no changes to stable updates, these will not be forced.

Nightly updates however will be forced though, the whole idea behind them is that your installation is bleeding edge, if you want to remain on older versions then install a stable release.

15 Likes

The perfect decision.

1 Like

Make sense

1 Like

Hello,

If I want to test nightly version on Minix Neo U9H, I should use the generic version right ?

Also, can you let us know if the next stable version is around the corner ? Far from me the idea of rushing the dev, just curious :slight_smile:

Thank you

Yes, you should choose the generic image.
The newest nightly is only available for the N2 currently, but you can pick the one from the ā€œarchiveā€ folder.

And regarding the next stable version:
Itā€™s ready, when itā€™s ready. :wink:

Well noted, thanks a lot !

Got a bunch of Kodi crashes with the latest build.kodi_crashlog_20190508093348.log (358.9 KB)

What is the difference between gxl_p230_k1_pro.dtb and gxl_p230_k1_pro_ser.dtb?

Data transfer from dvb demodulator (TSin) is paralell (8 bits). Version with _ser uses serial transfer (only 1 data bit). I was ask for serial version to be able replace broken dvb modul with Khadas VTV modul. Khadas uses only serial transfer.

1 Like

This would give more performance in the dvb, I guess not? as the transfer speed is higher.

@relkai
Getting Notification Update available.
Not downloading new image.
3 Reboots with notification each time.
Not downloading the image.
Last 2 Nightlies have downloaded for me.
This one will not.
I know i can manually download the .tar but reporting this issue.

@kostaman I introduced a bug into the nightly_20190507 image by accident which broke auto updates, itā€™s already fixed in the latest nightly.

Anybody who installed it will need to manually update.

No forced update more with nightly_20190507ā€‹:grin::grin::grin:

Any ETA when a stable version with Kodi 18.2 will be ready?

as always: