Nightly builds

@Sholander we have been waiting for the LE guys to make a release so anything we put out there is at equal parity with them.

Nightly contains 18.2 obviously.

I know, but mandatory updates are annoying for my parents :slight_smile:

But why do your parents need Kodi 18.2?

Only on 18.2 with inputstream.adaptive 17.1 HBO-Go EU works flawlessly with subtitles :wink:
All other combinations have occasional problems on their Mecool KM8 box.

Fair enough. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s good to hear. Iā€™ve had some bad experiences in the past with forced updates. Generally I disable them on any product if a hack is possible.

I can understand and accept a forced update policy with the nightlies, but Iā€™ll be looking forward to getting off them as soon as the ng release becomes stable.

Iā€™m having a repeat of the same issue from Nightly builds - #615 by kostaman
Iā€™m on the Nightly_20190508 which i manually updated to.

Mine downloaded and updated fine on 0508

Shoog

I am also having the auto update problem from Nightly_20190508 which I manually updated to.
I receive an update notification but the build does not download.

Same as skewersā€¦ get annoying update notificationsā€¦ So did a manual updateā€¦
All is good now

I was just about to post about the lack of download of the 0509 nightly, but Skewers beat me to it.

EDIT: I should note that if I switch to manual, it doesnā€™t show up as an available download either. Branch doesnā€™t indicate nightly, just ā€œCoreELEC-9.0ā€ (not sure if nightlies mention branch regardless).

The update issue is now fixed for the next update.
If youā€™re using Nightly_20190508 .
Toggle to Manual and Reboot.
After reboot donā€™t forget to toggle back to Auto.
Youā€™ll get a notification of update available followed by download complete.
Reboot and all will be good.
Otherwise just Manually download .tar

Thank you ā€¦ I did the manual / auto toggle and all went well.

Nightly_20190509 would not auto update to Nightly_20190510 for me without using the manual / auto toggle method.

Installing Nightly_20190510

Should have Auto Update fixed for next update.

Iā€™ve got an odd issue Iā€™ve been encountering with system time being wrong, then correct, then randomly wrong again. Today itā€™s 40 minutes out which is very odd. I have the Timezone set correctly so not sure whatā€™s up. Anyway, not a big issue just weird. Running latest nightly on Le Potato.

For me after Nightly_20190510 remote is not working.
Update: Solved by restart.

1 Like

Auto update is now working properly again.
Thank You :+1:

In the nightly build 20190512 the * [kodi/amlogic-ng: workaround for VC1 progressive (afl1)] is broken.
Can it be adjusted? Thanks.

How is it broken?