Nightly builds

Don’t know if it is Kodi or CE. Odroid N2 Oled Driver 0.1.3 by roidiy.

I reverted to 190530 which was best for me so far. Ethernet link is up in 5 sec, Oled display turns on instantly with correct time, no double NF info only standard “Background Service Started”…

Can you take off 190531 to stop nagging me with update until you fix kernel?

Some of us, knowing we’re running on nightlies, keep backups and are also aware that updates can be rolled back temporarily.

Know what you’re getting into, and you won’t have much of a problem.

How do you measure when your Ethernet is up?

I asked @anon88919003 to temporarily disable auto updates on the server side.

Hello,

THX a lot for all this great job.
I dont speaking a fluent English.
So, sorry for my stupid question if at been replied:

I 'm ok for automatic update.
But there is a way to stop the notification ?

thank you.

When home screen comes up the first sign that ethernet is up and box is online is correct time showing on Oled display. (I have no onboard clock battery so after power on it shows wrong time if it’s not online) Proper time shows about 4 secs after Home screen comes up. Next is, about a sec later, NF info for background service. Next is, also about a sec later Weather icon in the top right corner below the clock display. So I conclude that it takes about 4-5 secs to get online, maybe shorter…
With latest knightly these times are at least 6 seconds longer.

Maybe can help : what weather service are you using ? do you have an account ?

I use Yahoo weather addon. No account needed, and really have no trouble or issues with it.

Like i do, yes weather service can take sometime to show… maybe due to extension be loaded, or/and Yahoo response time.
So this part can be a bit irrelevant…
Clock time is a better indicator :wink:
In my case Medias are on a NAS… so when scanning, means it fully online.

I do believe you about the delay but it is a bit subjective to measure this way. I don’t see any delays even with Netflix. I’m just thinking of a way to reproduce or measure hmmmh.

@anon88919003 I think we get get rid of the popup! At least make it configurable.

I agree, and had never intention to measure this time correctly, just observe how and when mentioned things show/appear.
But 6 seconds delay between these two knightlies is easily observed.
You mentioned that you use “wait for network”, I don’t use that, really no need for it…

Thx,

Was my idea, add an option in CoreElec Control Panel.
Like this eveybodies are happy (I saw an ‘hard’ discussion about it…)

:wink:

I have a mysql db so I need it. Just give it a try. What’s the worst that could happen?
Back in the days I was the one making first testbuilds for LE when the guys developed the Netflix addon and this option was always required!

There is or was already such an option.

This option at least will tell you if Kodi is fully online… then continue to load.
So you can have a proper ‘measurement’ for this part :wink:

Aaah, have no NAS or mysql db so this 5-6 secs after Home Screen don’t bother me enough to use that option. Sometimes I boot the box without online connection, just to watch something from USB HD…

lol

So if there is ? where ?
(really i searched for it before asking, maybe i too dumb, sorry)

Make sens…

In which case you’d get a 10 second delay that wouldn’t bother you either. From memory the delay’s configurable - might be wrong.

But your NF issue would be gone.