Nightly builds

It will be fixed.

I also disabled N2 updates until the crash is fixed.

Itā€™ not really an issue. Just double info popping up milliseconds apart. NF works OK otherwise, (apart from occasional frame dropping without OC settings) so I donā€™t see this as an issue.

I tested without OC and NF with 1080p is fine here. But I will sort out the crash beginning of next week.

Frame dropping for me starts after about 30-35 minutes of watching. I donā€™t think that is internet speed related (although I use 4G so who knowsā€¦) because NF connects in my area to 3 servers at the same time, and the buffer never goes under 95%. It only varies between 95%-100% when dropping starts.
The ping to my local internet provider is always about 10ms, and download speeds when I usually watch NF is about 35-45 Mbit/s (no base station congestion at all) of which NF consumes from 2-18 Mbit/s.

Do you use subtitles on NF?

Btw, my HBO-Go connects locally to only one server and when HW decoding 1080p with subtitles the buffer varies from 60-100%, although HBO consumes only 3-8 Mbit/s. Sometimes I loose the the subtitle track and have to stop play for a second, and after resume all is OK againā€¦

No I havenā€™t tried subs on NF yet.

Hehe, I never tried it without subtitles :slight_smile:
Btw, the above about HBO-Go is not N2 related, it happens on my other S905X and S912 boxes. Maybe due to link-server congestion, or early beta HBO-Go addon. My LG TV app has no subtitle problems on HBO-Go, so I guess link-server cannot be the causeā€¦

This is a CoreElec forum :grin:

Please familiarise yourself with How to report an issue youā€™re having with CoreELEC and try to keep feedback in this particular thread related to standard installs (by all means open a new thread raising your concerns about your over-clocked hardware).
Thanks

Aaaaaa, what an embarrassing blunder :blush:

Have no problems or concerns related to my over-clocked hardware, so no point in opening new thread :wink:

@Sholander I have watched a whole NF originals movie for you with Kodi 1080p and Subs. I have zero stutter/drops/skips or any other issues. Without OC latest build.

Tnx, then it must be to my box-internet link (via 1G ethernet cable and 4G Cat6 router), or some settings that I use. Probably latter, cause I donā€™t remember such behavior with my LG TV app connected by WiFi to the same router; although I did not use that app for several months, so might be wrong.

Will force myself to leave my comfortable armchair to get dmesg log next time it happens, which might bring some light to my problemā€¦

Edit: just FYI, Iā€™m running ā€œplugin.video.netflix_0.14.1_20190505ā€ with ā€œinputstream.adaptive-2.3.18.1ā€ from @rekai 9.1 addons.

If I may ask can you try the documentary series Planet (maybe Our Planet in English) S01E01 at around 5mn when birds and dolphins attack fishes? For me it stutters a lot!

Confirmed! There are several times in the first 5min where there are a lot of Skips!
Not sure yet why this one is so special.
Maybe @Sholander can try with his working OC settings.

Watched (after the game ofcourse :slight_smile: first 7min 1080p without subtitles: all fine until cormorants fill the sky (about 5min), then bitrate jumps to 18-19Mbit/ and had all together 47 skipped frames, and none dropped till stopped at 7 min mark.
Those cormorant scenes have the highest bitrate Iā€™v seen on any 1080p NF material so far.

Thanks guys! Thatā€™s funny itā€™s almost the first Netflix video I watched on the N2 and I thought 1080p is too much for the beast :blush:

Such scenes with so high bitrate are a bit of a problem for software decoding, and obviously too big problem for S922 to handle without errors.

Hi ā€œthe coolestā€ and everyone

a friend and mine are new happy owners of odroid n2 boards. Iā€™m also new here. I was looking for information about hdmi lpcm. It is something i can use with my old denon avr 4306 and a sony bluray player. Very useful, at least for old 7.1 formats. Any idea if/when this could available ? Is it a matter of weeks ? months ?

thanks
Rgds

As I know the 4.9 kernel not contains this feature.
It needs to port from 3.14. I guess it is not an easy task.

A useful workaround is to set 2.0 speakers and ac3 transcoding.

Tested the same video on my PC (i5) and no problems or skipped frames, although on scenes between 6-7min bitrate spikes over 20Mbit/s. Will do some test tonight with max OC settings to see if there is any difference.

1 Like

@ozolli and @Ray, tested NF (Our Planet S01E01) video sequence from 3:30 to 6:45 with max CPU over-clock settings on 20190530 (k)nightly with these OC settings:

setenv max_freq_a73 ā€œ2004ā€
setenv governor_a73 ā€œperformanceā€
setenv max_freq_a53 ā€œ1992ā€
setenv governor_a53 ā€œperformanceā€

The video (1080p inputstream.adaptive decoded) with subtitles plays perfect with NO dropped and NO skipped frames. So, S922 is capable of such a load, if it has enough steam.
Btw, did not notice any instability or any significant temp increaseā€¦

1 Like