Nightly builds

Yes. These settings should go to config.ini. Unless you like adding them every time

I donā€™t add them, but copy my boot.ini after updateā€¦

I have created a topic in the Hardkernel forum regarding this possible mismatch.

[Edit] And the result is the N2 has four A73 big cores and two A53 little cores :sweat_smile:

This method with putting options in ā€œconfig.iniā€ is not working for me as you explain.

For example I donā€™t see where to disable blue led heartbeat, so I edit boot.ini and change setenv heartbeat ā€œ1ā€ value to 0 to turn off blue ledā€¦
If I donā€™t change setenv wol ā€œ1ā€ to 0 in boot.ini WOL is enabled in spite of enabling wol=0 in config.ini
Thatā€™s mainly the reason why I edit boot.ini to be sure that my settings stick.

config.ini works here.
Iā€™ve just tried to put wol=0 and I cannot wake it up.
Could you copy your config.ini settings here?

@Sholander config.ini is not updated on each flash like the boot.ini is, you would have to copy the latest version to your boot partition.

mount -o rw,remount /flash
cp /usr/share/bootloader/config.ini /flash

That is why you are not seeing config options like the heartbeat for example, this is probably not communicated enough.

1 Like

I dont mind testing that for you, since I have lots of files for that. :slight_smile:

I didnā€™t know this file existed. BTW, it misses the hdmimode and maxcpus options.

Itā€™s not missing, this is done on purpose.

hdmimode is only used during bootup, Kodi then setā€™s itā€™s own resolution, I felt it could be confusing to users and so it was removed.

maxcpuā€™s option seemed pointless as I could not see why anybody would want to restrict their CPU, Iā€™m sure everyone who has bought an N2 has bought it because it is the most powerful Amlogic device on the market.

1 Like

I agree on maxcpus.
hdmimode is useful for me as I use a wireless hdmi transmitter for my projector and each frequency change takes a few seconds so I try to avoid that as much as I can.

Obviously, as I missed this completely. Maybe put in change list when there is a new config.ini

Looked now at config.ini in 20190530 .tar update and can see the difference. It has all I need, so will try to do it in recommended wayā€¦

You can then add lines
vout_mode=ā€˜hdmiā€™
hdmimode=ā€˜1080p60hzā€™ (or one for your needs)

I think :wink:

Yes itā€™s already done on my side. I was just saying it is not in the default config.ini

Wrong Iā€™m afraid, these variables was removed from boot.ini/config.ini.

If your using the default Kodi resolution then there would be no additional mode change.

I mainly watch 24p material so my kodi setting is set accordingly.

A quick note that the problems I had with network issues and addons seems to be fixed in the latter nightly releases (sorry not sure which one as Iā€™ve just switched back from 9.0.1 stable).
Cheers guys - nice work.

1 Like

Since nightly 01 auto update does not work. I had to manually update to nightly 02 and 03

It was disabled due to some issues after moving N2 to new kernel. Now they are fixed and I think already tomorrow it will be working again.

Thanks for clarification

I have enabled auto updates on nightly builds again.

1 Like