Nightly builds

I like the idea of CoreELEC rebranding Kodi, hopefully even forking it in the future. I am worried about losing my skins and silly amount of customization I’ve added to my install!

We don’t plan on making changes that would break compatibility with 3rd party skins, don’t worry about it.

1 Like

Pro-tip… Red legitimately makes people angry (it’s proven, that’s why with all UX we absolutely don’t do red…). Try an off-shoot or similar.

Red is also associated with love, warmth, and comfort.

1 Like

I like the default blue, but I’ll have to try the red and see how it feels. In any case it can be changed back to “classic” so no biggie. That’s probably a good idea to brand it now because it’s probably going to end up forked anyway.

I updated to the new nightly RED CE and tried a dvd iso on a N2. I updated to 9.03 on a C2 and both choke once they get to the dvd main menu. They highlight one selection and the screen is black. If I hurry and select it then it plays but if I dont then after a few seconds it appears to lock up. I then wait 30+ seconds and it returns back to the main CE menu. Can anyone else confirm this happens to them?

How can I help to diagnose this problem?

@TheCoolest : The nighty update is great but the language part is only available in English, in addition there is no other language compared to the old nighty version.

@babyangelhp if your referring to CE-settings, it has only ever been available in English.

1 Like

@anon88919003 Yes, in CE settings only English. But the nighty version of July 25 in CE settings has a lot of languages to choose from.

@babyangelhp You still have all the languages available in Interface --> Languages, I don’t understand the problem.
Regarding CE-Settings, that is incorrect. I’m looking at the settings right now in Russian, for instance.
I think the CE settings has a more limited selection of languages, though.

1 Like

Hi, @anon88919003, @TheCoolest, @afl1 etc
I thinked, may be into installation img fat32 add device list for choosing box, that will link to script choose and copy dtb.img, remote.conf, vfd.conf etc.
In it need only choice box, and remove or comment all any device…

@TheCoolest Interface -> Languages on my device only have the following image:

What box is it and what language was selected before?

@boot2k3 The device is the X96 Max, and I have reinstalled from the beginning and not updated.

@boot2k3, @TheCoolest After downloading the amlogic-ng.tar file to update, I have all the languages. thank you very much

2 Likes

I can confirm that I have all languages.
Fixed an old issue, whenever I change channels the screen turns blue before the video (I don’t have this problem anymore)
I had a broken CEC, now everything is back to normal.
I noticed that there were improvements in video quality.
I seem the best version so far.

I like the new colour and all.

I enjoyed the new boot screen, colorful and tasteful. And, as promised, note no issue at all with skins and add-ons! Brilliant.

Upgraded to the new nightly 20190731
All seems to be working on my H96 Max 905X2
I like the new colour scheme: :blush:
Makes it look classy

I’m glad you like the new look. :slight_smile: