Nightly builds

Removed old info

@sammaz existing script I posted fixes an EMMC install. However there is some confusion between the terms ā€œEMMC installā€, ā€œinternal installā€ and ā€œinstall2internalā€. they are not all the same and it gets confused since they tend to get used interchangeably.

Iā€™m waiting for test results for a fix for the people still having problems. So should be able to deal with remaining problems shortly.

So I got positive response from a tester. If you have the update problem on an install2internal setup then the following should help you.

wget https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/tools/911fix.sh -O /storage/911fix.sh
wget https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/tools/i2ikm.sh -O /storage/i2ikm.sh
sh /storage/911fix.sh
sh /storage/i2ikm.sh

Then reboot.

If you have a normal install the instructions to fix the update issue with 20190911 build remains the same as before, and you just need to use the 911fix.sh script.

1 Like

That worked! Thank you so much.

After reboot, it autoupdated to 0913 just fine!!

I have a big problem, my scraper does not work anymore. Kodi can not find the covers of my movies since this weekend.I use TMDB (Fr) for Scraper. I can not understand if it comes from TMDB or CoreElec ?

VIM3 - CE 15/09 nightly_20190914

@Bindou Itā€™s a Kodi / TMDB issue:- https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=347227

1 Like

Thanks roidy

The latest nightly update has left me with a black screen no khadas boot logo or coreelec logo just black. I was on the 09/11 nightly with the update problem so I ran the script as recommended to update which worked perfectly and then today the usual pop up came up about applying a update so I clicked yes and it went through it and and now itā€™s just a black screen. Iā€™ve tried power cycling and I canā€™t ssh into it.
Do I really need to go through the whole restore android process and then install coreelec from scratch again or is there a way I can recover my old working install? Also any ideas why this has happened I thought the problem was updating from 09/11 but I was on 09/12.
I have coreelec installed to emmc on vim3 btw

I couldnā€™t get it to boot or do anything so I decided to restore android and start from scratch again, android installed and boots ok and I created sd card with latest nightly (09/14). It takes much much longer then normal on the resizeing filesystem part and then when I reboot I get a black screen and have to make a fresh sd card for it to boot again. Iā€™ve tried it 3 times now and everytime it boots and works but then as soon as I reboot Iā€™m left with a black screen or it boots into android. It was after auto update to the 09/14 build that my original install on emmc left me with a black screen aswell. Is there something wrong with the 09/14 build for the vim3? If I use another build am I going to be in the same situation again when that updates?

Resizing really takes much more time. It is a bug and already fixed.
But image itself works fine on my vim3 from USB.

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s happened but I left it on the black screen for around 20 minutes and now the coreelec screen has come on and it says restore in progress Iā€™m not sure what itā€™s restoring from as I donā€™t have a backup and itā€™s a freshly created sd card and freshly flashed androidā€¦ Iā€™ll see what happens when it finishes

After it attempting to restore it rebooted to a black screen screen for awhile again and now itā€™s stuck on this screen

Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s happened to it I had CE installed to emmc and itā€™s worked perfectly for ages the only thing Iā€™ve done different lately is I used the script as recommended to update from 09/11 to 09/12 and it was working untill todayā€™s update. I thought it could be something to do with the sd cards Iā€™ve been using even though they have worked fine in the past but when I used installtoemmc it now says itā€™s only for N2?

Use an older nightly for now, new release will be available tonight and stable will be coming very soon also.

1 Like

Ok thanks, how can I get my install back on emmc? I tried running the normal installtoemmc/internal command and emmc says itā€™s only for N2 now. I have a large library with lots of posters and itā€™s really slow from sd plus I need my sd cards for other things.
Iā€™m using vim3 pro which was supported for internal installs?

We are reworking this, if you need it now then you would have to find an old nightly run the command and then you can upgrade.

For those who have the same problem as me, the trick is here :
https://www.themoviedb.org/talk/5d7e04d62866fa086a393e1b#5d7e7d76f0647c76299c64be

Ok, if I was to download a older nightly for example 09/01 and installed to internal would that then automatically update to 09/14 or would it work itā€™s way through 01/02/03 etc up to 14?
Can you remember when the last nightly was that included the installtoemmc feature?

Also Iā€™ve now set up everything again like my addons vpn iptv library etc but itā€™s all now running from sd card, if I make a backup today on the 09/13 nightly and then make a sd card with a older version that supports install to emmc could I install it to emmc and then restore the backup made from coreelec on sd card

First build with removed KVIM3 installtoemmc support is 09/02. Older ones should have it.

1 Like

You can install 1st September nightly like @vpeter has instructed but you will lose Android/Ubuntu dual boot and suspend/wakeup support if you use installtoemmc.

This will be rectified in the future but it will require reinstalling Android to eMMC, your best option is to run from USB/SD and hang tight.

I am stuck at the red boot logo after a broken update and cannot ssh to the odroid. Any chance other to a complete reinstall to bring my n2 back to live?