I use my CoreElec box as a microcomputer, thus it mostly has no display connected. It has the following cycle:
- reboot with display connected → aml-vnc works
- disconnect display → aml-vnc still works (Idle CPU temp is 5 celsius higher as usual. Possibly even with display connected…)
- reboot with no display → no VNC
- connect display → nah, reboot is needed.
No VNC means I can actually connect, but see only blank screen, no keyboard input wakes it up. May be the black screensaver. Anyway, display remains black.
I suspect it didn’t work like this after fresh reinstall, but I cant prove it. Maybe after the next reinstall.
My questions are:
- how can I keep VNC possible? Can I trick CoreElec to think has a display connected?
- how can I find the reason of high CPU / high CPU temperature? What inputs shall I provide here for help? Debug logs? Backup?
Thanks in advance