Not able to connect to wifi on Mecool M8S Pro L

I am not able to connect to any Wifi network on this TV box: Mecool M8S Pro L
I am using the latest CoreELEC 9.2.1 (but this problem was happening on 9.2.0 as well)

When navigating to “Settings” > “CoreELEC” > “Connections”:
when choosing the Wifi network from the list, after typing the password, I see CoreELEC is trying to connect because there is a lable that changes from idle to connect (or connecting don’t remember). After a few seconds I briefly see it becoming failed, then going back to idle.

Checking the logs at /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log I see the following:

2019-11-30 15:13:10.761 T:3669746496   ERROR: ## CoreELEC Addon ## connman::dbus_error_handler ## ERROR: (Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)
2019-11-30 15:13:10.761 T:3669746496   ERROR: None
2019-11-30 15:15:00.954 T:3669746496   ERROR: ## CoreELEC Addon ## connman::dbus_error_handler ## ERROR: (Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)
2019-11-30 15:15:00.955 T:3669746496   ERROR: None
  • what’s wrong with what I am doing?
  • is this a bug or do I have to connect in a different way?

How far away is the router ??
Signal quality is what ??

WiFi wireless transmissions are a mystery. I have a remote TV Box with CoreELEC that connects to the home network through an extender. If I enable Multi-User MIMO on the router, the same thing happens to me. Therefore I have Multi-User MIMO disabled on the router.

My advice is to try a configuration on the router that works with your TV Box.

@kostaman the router is 2 metres away from the TV Box. I can easily connect to it with other devices e.g. phones from the same distance and even way more.

@cubimol thanks for that, atm I just have the router from the internet provider. I do have another router close to it, but that’s independent from the wireless pov. The 2 signals might be interfering with each other, but the fact that I am able to connect with other devices means to me that there shouldn’t be any clash in the frequency bands or stuff like that.