Odroid C4 and noisy fan from KKSB enclosure

Thanks for the tip, mate. Unfortunately, their are delivered from UK and the final price with customs and shipping makes the ridiculous. Brexit benefits! :confused:

If I see correctly the schematic here https://wiki.odroid.com/_media/odroid-c4/odroid-c4_rev1.0.pdf
than 3.3V is always on.
You could still connect this fan to 5V with some resistor in serial.

So, only DIY hardware solution… Not cool, I’ve just learn about Dupont male - female connectors :smiley:
Can you give a link about that serial resistor? Have no ideea about.

I really don’t understand your quest to get lowest temps possible, it escapes my understanding of how these boxes work in long term…
All my boxes are “adjusted” to keep the temperature under heaviest tasks (for example, software decoding high bit rate Netflix streams with subtitles) to under 55°C. NEVER had any temperature problems with any device.
My N2 runs at 45°C at 23°C room temp, and reaches 50°C with summer temperatures 28-30°C.
That said, any additional work to get them 10°C lower is for me a waste of time and money :wink:

@Garcea You mean the Brexit benefit’s where nobody actually benefits apart from people like Jacob Rees-Mogg who declares fish are happy cos they are British while shunting his money into Ireland to avoid paying his taxes? We have such classy politicians in the UK

1 Like

N2 has a good passive cooling by default, can’t argue with that. Yes, sometimes, I don’t get my fixation with extreme low temps :rofl:
So, thanks again for the tip with the 12 V fan, that’s the easiest solution in my case.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.