Odroid HC4 2 Bay NAS

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place. I saw Odroid HC4

It might suit some people, it does mention a CE image coming soon.

The Odroid HC4 is already supported by the last nightly. Just use the C4.img.gz and replace the dtb.img before booting.

From its specs, this can also be cofigured as a Linux desktop computer / NAS. For that price, I was hoping the device would come with a USB3 port. :disappointed_relieved:

From New Home-Cloud platform : ODROID-HC4 - ODROID

You cannot enable both USB 3.0 and PCIe(SATA) at the same time. It is a hardware limitation in the SoC.

1 Like

Local storage for a media player is obvious but I’m trying to think what NAS features are included in CE since the only one I’ve used is to access the boot drive from a web browser.

CE featured a little in this video.

1 Like

Can CE be installed to hdd (not sd card) on this one ?

Its best to run your NAS on a separate SBC and have a dedicated CE client. OMV runs well on ARM chips and makes a neat little server.

Shoog

If not yet it will be possible I assume with Amlogic-ng: ATA support as built-in · CoreELEC/CoreELEC@4f5d582 · GitHub

It has SPI flash so should be configurable to run petitboot and boot from emmc,sd,usb or HDD.

Shoog

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.