Odroid N2+ MCC boot mode not working

I’m using a Odroid N2+ on “Petitboot 20220204” and running “CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.4-Matrix_rc2-Odroid_N2.img.gz” from an SD card (no eMCC module connected). This works fine in SPI boot mode (switch to the left), the red power led and the blue system led turn on.
However when using MCC boot mode (switch to the right) only the red power led turns on and nothing else happens. Could this be a faulty hardware unit (I am still within my warranty) or is there some other way to test this?

Does eMMC boot mode (switch in the right position) work with only eMMC attached?
If not, might be a faulty SPI switch…

https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/software/boot_sequence

ODROID-N2 has “Boot Select Switch” which is to select SPI flash memory as the primary boot device or not. If the switch nob is located to “SPI”, then CPU will fetch the bootloader from SPI flash memory. On the other hand, when the switch nob is placed to “MMC”, the bootloader in the eMMC or the Micro SD will be fetched by CPU. Since the eMMC has a high priority, CPU will fetch from Micro SD if eMMC does not have the bootloader.

I just wrote CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.4-Matrix_rc2-Odroid_N2.img.gz to the uSD card, set boot switch to the eMMC position, and the CoreELEC boots from uSD card.

It’s possible that your uSD card is faulty and the bootloader is not working properly on it when you select eMMC position on the switch. When you have the switch set to SPI the initial boot is done from the internal flash on the N2 and it then loads CE from the uSD card.
I have an 8GB SanDisk uSD card which seems to accept a bootable image ok from my PC, but which will not boot when inserted in my N2+. The card is perfectly fine otherwise, no issues with file transfers. I’ve re-formatted it countless times but it just won’t boot standalone. Another SanDisk card or other makes will boot fine.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.