Odroid N2 OLED I2C / SPI driver

Thanks, @roidy, particularly for the details on the mechanics.

Yes, SSD1309 support is only SPI. But I2C could probably be added.

I could help out with that. Since the Odroid C2 doesn’t have hardware SPI, I ordered an I2C SSD1309 display. Once that arrives, with some help from you obviously, I can try out the associated changes.

If the pattern of changes (same controller, different interface) is obvious, I can also try to discern what the changes are myself.

Cheers,
Matt

Matrix Python 3 version released :smiley:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update.
I have a 2.42 "i2c oled-display, how do I remove the bezel around the indicators showing the audio and video information.
When viewed from a distance, the images blend into each other and cannot be understood.
This is the case for my old eyes :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind editing the code yourself then open lib/oled.py

Change line 361 from

border = True

to

border = False

Thanks, I can do that.

You’ll need to disable the add-on and re-enable to see the changes or just restart kodi.

1 Like

Actually, I was a bit tampering with your software, but I was interested in the wrong py file. :slight_smile:
“service.py”
I wanted to make a few other changes, but I couldn’t find anything I was looking for.
Anyway, now I’ll spend some time with the correct file.
Thanks again.

Thanks again, the information is now better understood.
It would not be bad to enlarge the articles a little more, how can I do it, can I get a clue. I want a lot, sorry.

Unfortunately enlarging the text would require a new character set to be generated and then all the information would not fit on the line.

1 Like

As long as we are in the modifications, I’ll jump in !
Would there be a possibility to remove the 3 dots constituting the slash of the number 0 in the Dot Matrix font without having to completely rewrite the font ?

I’m talking about the font that is used to indicate the elapsed / remaining time…
I think it would be more readable from a distance.

Hi, I have a petiboot, coreelec / android could be done for android - kodi to have OLED compatibility, Thanks!

@roidy please fix the matrix, thanks

What needs fixing?

it doesn’t work on the matrix the 2.42" Oled

Sorry I don’t understand.

It does not work on Kodi 19 Matrix?

Or it does not work with the 2.42" Oled you have?

It does not work on Kodi 19 Matrix I have OLED 2.42" https://photos.app.goo.gl/4qr3gSiFxk3qjYyz7 hastebin

Please post a photo or link to the exact display you have.

I have this one

Nahrávam: Snímka obrazovky 2021-02-25 173428.jpg…

I have a dual boot petitboot Matrix not working, Leia is going

Ok, I have the exact same display but didn’t test it with Matrix, I only tested the smaller I2C displays.

It could be that Matrix doesn’t have SPI enabled by default. Could you try enabling it with:-

mount -o remount,rw /flash
fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /soc/cbus@ffd00000/spi@13000/spidev@0 status "okay"
fdtput -t s /flash/dtb.img /soc/cbus@ffd00000/spi@13000 status "okay"
reboot

If that does not work then I will test with my SPI display over the weekend and see if I can find the problem.

1 Like