Odroid N2 Running latest stable HDR issue

Hello Team,

Frist let me thank the whole CoreELEC community for getting such great devices playing our favorite content.

On to my question. So I have been waiting for the new 75R635 TCL, my first 4k HDR tv. So I have a pretty good collection of 4k movies for this day, all of which are HDR (Mostly HDR10). With the built in Roku in TLC with plex installed the tv is picking up HDR. With my Odroid N2 running the latest CoreElec and plex with all the settings max my the tv is not detecting HDR even though I am playing the same media that I played on the roku system. I did think perhaps it was just the TV, but the colors looked very dull just as if you we watching HDR on a SDR screen. Is there any low hanging fruits that anyone here can suggest I look in to? Is there any more info anyone may need to help diagnose this problem. Thank you in advance.

With Respect,
Andrew

I would suggest trying to play something from the local storage to see whether it’s a CE configuration issue or a Plex issue.
Then make sure that Plex isn’t doing any sort of transcoding.
And make sure the HDR to SDR and SDR to HDR in CoreELEC settings are set on Auto.

Are you using the official Plex for Kodi addon? If so, try out PlexKodiConnect, which is a much better experience. It is easy to set up and highly advised to use. I’ve been using it for a long time and can confirm that HDR10 and lossless audio is working flawlessly.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.