Odroid N2 test builds

I have the same experience.

So do you have crackles or not?
I’m trying to understand if it’s something specific to CE or a general issue.

In Ubuntu there are no crackles/pops if the audio jack is selected through ‘PulseAudio Volume Control’ but there are frequent crackles and pops if the audio jack is selected only through the ‘sound preferences’ window. It seems like PulseAudio fixes the problem but I don’t have any deep Ubuntu knowledge.

I see, thanks. Sadly, I don’t either. I’m also not sure the same way of configuring it is possible in CE.
We’ll look into it, but I can’t promise anything at this point.

Quick question : are libreretro core available for this architecture? I restored my backup from my previous device, I only had one for NES, and it seems to work OK (colors are off), but I was trying to install other cores to see if that’d solve the issue, and none will install. All fail. Checked the logs and I get :

2019-05-05 21:58:10.424 T:4064448528 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogSelect.xml) ------
2019-05-05 21:58:10.431 T:4064448528 DEBUG: CAddonInstaller: installing ‘game.libretro.snes9x’ version ‘1.58.0.6.114’ from repository ‘repository.coreelec’
2019-05-05 21:58:10.442 T:3897873264 ERROR: Requested path (404) The page you were looking for doesn't exist. not found in known repository directories
2019-05-05 21:58:10.442 T:3897873264 ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[game.libretro.snes9x]: failed to resolve addon install source path
2019-05-05 21:58:10.510 T:4064448528 DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://all/category.emulators)

Maybe you will this topic interesting.

1 Like

Hi, coreelec is prob the best way to play video on the N2 right now but I think you said petitboot is not supported?

I use a desktop image on my emmc and it would be really nice for coreelec (which is installed on micro sd) to show up as a boot device in petitboot. That way i dont have to remove the emmc whenever I want to use coreelec.

Is it easy to implement? Thanks

Just tested 4K on my Vizio M series (2015) on 0505 nightly. Looks like issue still persists. No signal when playing 4k content. Only way around it right now is whitelisting certain frequencies.

@Ray
Any chance to fix the bad chroma upsampling or we need to use bypass_all in autostart.sh?
The picture quality is very bad with 1080p movies. Thanks!

What exactly isn’t working? Play the video, while you have no signal, run dispinfo and post the link here.

*edit: fixed typo

It is already fixed for a few days. Bypass for all progressive videos.

1 Like

Thanks, I will try with the last nightly.

Hello everyone,
Are there any advanced audio bug ?

" When I start Kodi, I run one or more trailers, audio: ff-aac 32bits, app youtube ; and the sound works. On the other hand, if I play a movie with audio track ac3 or other 5.1, and then I read a trailer with audio ff-ac 32bits, the sound ff-ac does not work at all. Only 5.1 sound works. I have to restart Kodi to solve the problem."

(Audio HDMI)

USB issues remain even without a HDMI cable plugged.

I posted a test build a week ago for this issue. Did you try it?
https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1556767182.tar

It wasn’t incorporated into the nightlies? If not, I have not installed this build after a wipe and will do so this week.

No hasn’t made it to the nightly builds yet. Nightly builds are the latest stuff to make it into the CoreELEC repo.

I don’t push changes to the CoreELEC repo before I can either test myself(which I can’t do in this case since I don’t have a tv that exhibits this problem) or have positive feedback from a few people that can test.

disp_info doesn’t seem to be an ssh command? I don’t understand.

Loaded your build and confirmed that the issue still exists.

dispinfo not disp_info