Odroid N2 test builds

also have the 4GB version, currently on nightly 20190601 but had problem installing 20190531 got a blank screen on boot and blue led went out and only red light on, unplugged power and re-connected and was able to get it to boot, but had the same problem after updating to 20190601.

@Ray build 1559136451 has been the best build so far for my use.

This one happens randomly for me too

I’ve been watching a gravity falls marathon for several hours and the issue occurs somewhat sporadically.

The original sample I shared on google drive (and which I think was used for the 5/21 changes) still sporadically gets out of sync.

oh, I found it.
We almost fixed H264 commercial break issue…But this one for Mpeg2 looks different.
So we will try to check it later.
If it will be ready something for test we will ping you.

Thanks!

Of course I could use software decoding for <1080 but I’d like to use hardware decoding where possible.

N2 Nightly 1st June 2019
PS3 PlayTV DVB-T Tuner
TvH Server and Client

Live TV is still freezing after watching for only a few minutes. Only happens when using the USB 3 ports, for the tuner. Does not happen when using the micro USB.

Debug Log
dmesg

@Mister-XY I’m not sure why but your boot.ini is out of date, it doesn’t look like it’s been updating or have you replaced it manually?

I have watch for the boot.ini and it’s the updatet boot.ini. I don’t have updatet it manually.
I have sse, that the date from boot.ini is 31.12.1979.
I have compare booth boot.ini (boot.ini in /flash and Ordoid_N2_boot.ini in /usr/share/bootloader). and booth are the same (until one line) (setenv rootopt “BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img boot=UUID=@BOOT_UUID@ disk=UUID=@DISK_UUID@”)

ODROIDN2-UBOOT-CONFIG

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# boot.ini
#
# WARNING DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE! ALL CHANGES WILL BE LOST WITH THE NEXT UPDATE!
# Set your own settings in config.ini
#
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

setenv label "CoreELEC"
setenv max_freq_a73 "1800"
setenv max_freq_a53 "1896"
setenv hdmi_cec "1"
setenv remotewakeup "0x23dc4db2"
setenv decode_type "0"
setenv remotewakeupmask "0xffffffff"
setenv wol "1"
setenv heartbeat "1"
setenv emmc_timeout "0"
setenv coreelec "quiet"
setenv gpiopower "476"

setenv rootopt "BOOT_IMAGE=kernel.img boot=UUID=2404-0631 disk=UUID=d1e6f1fc-2b6b-4bb2-88c9-e4b83bc83482"
setenv consoleopt "console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 no_console_suspend"
setenv displayopt "hdmimode=1080p60hz logo=osd0,loaded,0x3d800000"

setenv loadaddr 0x11000000
setenv dtb_mem_addr 0x1000000
setenv uenv_addr 0x13000000

fatload mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${loadaddr} kernel.img
fatload mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${dtb_mem_addr} dtb.img
if fatload mmc ${mmc_dev}:1 ${uenv_addr} config.ini; then env import -t ${uenv_addr} $filesize; fi

if test "${hdmi_cec}" = "1"; then setenv cec "hdmitx=cec3f"; fi
if test "${emmc_timeout}" = "1"; then showlogo 1080p60hz 1920 1080 timeout-logo-1080.bmp.gz; sleep 30; mmc dev 1; mmc dev 0; fi
setenv irsetup "hk-lirc-helper.remotewakeup=${remotewakeup} hk-lirc-helper.decode_type=${decode_type} hk-lirc-helper.remotewakeupmask=${remotewakeupmask}"
setenv initargs "${rootopt} ${consoleopt} max_freq_a53=${max_freq_a53} max_freq_a73=${max_freq_a73} enable_wol=${wol} ${cec} ${irsetup} gpiopower=${gpiopower}"
setenv bootargs "${initargs} ${displayopt} ${coreelec}"

bootm start
bootm loados
bootm fdt
if test "${heartbeat}" = "0"; then fdt set /leds/blueled linux,default-trigger "none"; fi
bootm prep
bootm go

I have here a testbuild with a potential fix for the boot issues on 2G devices. Please @Mister-XY and other test if it boots:
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1559544003.tar

I will test it. Did you want to have an UART Log?

If it doesn’t work please. If it does boot then it’s probably not required.

It boots for me. Update was normal.

1 Like

Me2.
Also no boot problem.

2 Likes

I’ll be able to test it in ~ 6 hours …

Can confirm … Odroid N2 2Gig emmc 31.5->2.6.2019 … first boot ok … then after 10-15 sec. Reset and after that it is sometimes stuck on the CE Logo or i see the linux command lines at boot, but n some points it freezes. But never boot back to Kodi.
And sorry , :frowning: have no logs cause i was to fast in going back to 30.05. nightly.

And with this last ray image boot fix
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1559544003.tar

Try when @home thx

Your kodi log does not help here.
We need a dmesg log!
As you have automatic reboots you can make a log like this:
Open an SSH connection and enter this line:
journalctl -f -o short-precise -k > ~/backup/dmesg.log
Then reproduce the error. After the reboot you will find a dmesg.log file in the backup folder.

Problem is, i cannot establish a ssh connection, cause after the first boot and the reset ca 10-15 later there is not enough time to ssh. And after reset the box doenst start kpl anymore to make a ssh connect.
But with version „kampfader“ point to, it works now. No reboot or reset.
Btw. Should i now avoid further updates or do it e.g. tomorrow’s nightly?!

Hi and thanks!
I tried that (updated my “problematic” ySD-card on another N2, which was still working) => voila, my “faulty” device is working again!
Great Job!