Odroid N2 test builds

5/30 Working http://ix.io/1LdW

5/31 Not Working http://ix.io/1Le1

N2 connected directly to TV on HDMI 2 port. AVR powered off and power cord unplugged. C2 powered off and power cord unplugged.
http://ix.io/1Le2

And additionally kodi.log with CEC ebug enabled.
kodi-N2-directly-to-TV-without-AVR.log (132.0 KB)

I just got my n2 and wanted to replace my Minix U9. I run into the problem of playing 4K content. I get no signal on my TV. My receiver is a Yamaha HTR 4069.
Here is the dispinfo while running said content:
http://ix.io/1Lec

Is it still not working?

In whitelist, uncheck the 4096x2160 resolutions.

Unfortunately not working.
Trying to understand whats going on… it stared to work when I performed the following actions:
still N2 connected to only TV.
connected C2 instead of N2 - CEC not working.
powered off TV so it went to sleep, powered on TV - CEC not working
powered off TV, unplugged power cord from TV, plugged again, powered on TV - CEC start working on C2
connected N2 instead of C2 - CEC still working
selected TV instead of HDMI 2 where N2 is connected) and then selected back N2 - CEC stopped working

Something is really strange happening here…
I’m trying to get some pattern… why it doesn’t work. In the last dmesg log I see there is:
[ 256.377648@1] cectx ff80023c.aocec: warning:ARB_LOST
[ 256.546722@1] cectx ff80023c.aocec: CEC RX len 7: 04 a0 00 80 45 06 05
[ 256.565002@0] cectx ff80023c.aocec: line busy:4

and a lot of “line busy” entries…

I get shortly a black screen and after that the signal seems lost:
http://ix.io/1Ler

In Settings -> CoreELEC try to enable the “force 422” options.

Are you speaking of Settings-System-Correelec or Settings-Coreelec? I can’t find the force option - sorry.

You’re right, for whatever reason it’s not there.
Try to SSH into the N2 and run the following command:
echo 422 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr
Then try playing the video and see if it fixes the no-signal issue.

And yes, I meant Settings -> System -> CoreELEC.

Progress I guess: now I have a picture but it’s only taking a quarter of the entire screen.

You have overscan setup in your guisettings.xml.
systemctl stop kodi
edit the guisettings.xml to remove overscan
systemctl start kodi

1 Like

Thx, so 05/30 was the last working one? I will check if more logs are needed.

1 Like

Yes, thanks…

Thanks, that worked. So I can’t calibrate the screen (it is slightly off) anymore?

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to. Most TVs have a 1:1/just scan/overscan off options.

1 Like

I think I have narrowed down the root cause.
I was checking with Odroid-N2 with CE last nightly build, Odroid-C2 with latest CE stable 9.0.2 version, Odroid-C2 with LibreELEC community build 8.2.3.1-C2 (libCEC 4.0.2) --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV
First setup: C2 with CE 9.0.2

Starting state:
TV off (sleep mode)
AVR off (sleep mode)
C2 on

Steps:
power on TV (AVR powered on autamatically by CEC signal from TV)
select HDMI 2 port where AVR is connected
Result: no CEC
Step:
cycle TV (power off -> sleep mode -> power on)
Step:
power off TV, unplugg power cord, plug power cord, power on TV

Second setup: N2 with CE nightly 20190607
Starting state, steps and results exactly the same as above

Third setup: C2 with LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 community build

Starting state:
TV off (sleep mode)
AVR off (sleep mode)
C2 on

Steps:
power on TV (AVR powered on autamatically by CEC signal from TV)
select HDMI 2 port where AVR is connected
Step:
cycle TV (power off -> sleep mode -> power on)
Result: CEC IS WORKING
Whatever steps next performed (power off TV, AVR, change source from HDMI to TV and back) CEC IS WORKING.

and now:
Disconnected C2 from AVR, connected N2
Result: CEC IS STILL WORKING
Step:
change source from HDMI to TV and back
result: CEC IS NOT WORKING ANYMORE

Conclusion: something is wrong with CoreELEC builds either for C2 and N2. It looks like these builds are not accepting CEC commands when source is changed from HDMI to TV and then back to HDMI. When I have connected C2 running LibreELEC 8.2.3.1 community build CEC is always working but when C2 or N2 running CoreELEC is connected it is loosing CEC functionalities.

Na, you use two libCEC devices on one Panasonic TV. Both are changing their address to 0x4 after polling the next free address. So both have the same address after the TV type get detected. At CEC there is only single address allowed on the bus. Again, I think you have to address this issue at libCEC repo.

After tests I did for me as the end user issue is simple:

1. Using C2 running LibreELEC community build 8.2.3.1-C2 (libCEC 4.0.2) --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC works properly.
  2. and when I had Minix_NEO_U9-H running LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC worked properly.
  3. Using C2 running CoreELEC stable 9.02 --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC doesn’t work simply do not responding for remote keystrokes.
  4. Using N2 running CoreELEC nightly 20190607 --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC doesn’t work simply do not responding for remote keystrokes.

It looks like something is wrong with libCEC 4.0.4 implemented in CoreELEC or something is wrong with CoreELEC itself.

So @Portisch is right it is a libcec issue. We use a more recent Libcec than your LE8 build.