Odroid N2 test builds

Update on remotes, got one working following advice from above, thanks…

Re-scanned the codes using the above method and received different codes:

Working Mecool: 0xA659FF00 / Previous from Ubuntu: 0x00FF9A65

New Hotack_RC: 0xB24DBF40 / Previous from Ubuntu: 0x0202B24D

Entered the new code for Mecool remote and got it working fine :slight_smile:

Ideally I would like to use the Bluetooth remote but one working for now is cool.

For the Hotack_RC I have tried with 0x01, 0x07 and 0x08 device_types but it just does not respond. Not really sure where to go so random question time haha

Could it be using a different protocol which my old M8S Pro accepted for power and get picked up by ir_keytable/lirc as a random NEC code?

Cheers, E.

Ubuntu uses the irw values which are then converted. I disabled conversion because we use rc core and you can get values with “ir-keytable -u”

Thanks Ray - Explains the difference in codes :slight_smile:

Still can’t get the Hotack one working with what should be the right code now so not sure on that one…

Think I’ll get Hyperion-ng set-up and come back to it haha

Did you catch a code with ir-keytable? In uboot if you have a uart NEC codes are printed too. It’s probably wise to get an uart.

The number after devel is a unix timestamp. It’s seconds since Thursday 1st of January 1970 0:00 UTC. This timestamp is the time I built it.

Edit: Convert it here https://www.unixtimestamp.com

1 Like

I had wake up from suspend with CEC issues and also wanted more options than the tv remote could offer, so I bought the Harmony Companion with Bluetooth Hub, right from the start I had a very hard time connecting N2 with Hub/bluetooth, finally it paired and worked perfect quick and snappy just like a keyboard.

The issue is you really don’t know when it will work or not it can work for 2 days and suddenly after suspend or reboot it will not connect what so ever I have spend hours on this issue and really need help fixing this, @jbrisbin have similar problem here BT Keyboard Fails to connect H96 Pro + CE 9.0.1 [WORKAROUND FOUND]

Please let me know what logs is needed to look in to this, thanks…

EDIT: one of the errors I seen when trying to connect is “Input/Output error”

1 Like

@Bindou try changing the following setting to off when you have GUI at 4k resolution, it may help improve the feel of the GUI.

Settings>Interface>Skin>Configure skin>General>Use slide animations

2 Likes

Hi,
I just tested the version of April 18th, but the problem of gradation of colors on 10 bits is not corrected for me. :frowning: https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1555651433.tar

On the other hand, I do not know if it is me who kidding, but I have the impression that the fast forward is much more reactive. Very good! On the other hand, there are artifacts that sometimes appear when you make a quick advance on Billy Lynn (4K HDR 60 i/s).

1 Like

How can you tell? Do you have a spectrometer?

To the colors.

Top: Beelink GT1 @ S912
Bottom: Odroid N2 @ S922
(See the gradient in the sky. It is present on all the applats, in many films HEVC 4K HDR10 BT.2020)

And that was already on the GT1 @ S912 a few months ago, before the update “Automatic color space / color depth switching”. But maybe it’s something else …?

The picture on N2 looks better, and you need to re-calibrate with test pictures running on N2.
Hue, Saturation and Black level differ on these two boxes.

Edit: I use 3 Amlogic boxes, S905X, S912 and S922. To get best picture I have 3 different calibration settings, one for each.

You are assuming S912 is correct. Without a Photometer and a proper calibrated TV and Calibration Video you can’t be sure.

This is a known issue. We are looking for the cause.

1 Like

I guess the S912 is ok because I have the same result on platinum Bluray and internal player of the TV.

I think I can not explain myself well. I’m not talking about colorimetry, I’m talking about the color gradient. Look in the sky, with the N2, we see a banding effect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colour_banding
It is obviously much more obvious in “real”, than in photo.

I get that, but only with live hd channels.

Matt

OK this is different then What build are you using?
I heard reports of color banding. I need a sample. It’s probably another post processing Bullshit from Amlogic like the sharpening that lead to cartoon effect.

1 Like

It’s probably because N2 has sharper and more detailed picture, so the gradient can be seen.

Celle-ci :
https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1555651433.tar

Check what cs and cd is used with dispinfo.

1 Like