Odroid N2 test builds

What give you this impression?

Yes

1 Like

ive been following the multiple threads on HK forum and from all the chat going back and forth its all been around patching kernel 5.x, i just assumed that back porting the patches would be tricky/impossible for 4.x, if this isnt the case and its possible/already done then fantastic news!!.

Donā€™t believe everything you read about mainline, itā€™s not suitable for multimedia purposes right now.

thats interesting!, so kernel 5.x is just not mature enough yet?

If you mean the Mainline kernel 5.x, then no, it is not.

1 Like

The patches for USB issue have been merged into CE for 4.9 kernel and the thread for kernel 5.x in HK forum is to let one to test the same patches with mainline kernel. There are two patches merged, one for USB 3.0 stability issue and another one is USB 2.0. Since some user had reported that after two patches, USB storage works and TV tuner works of the user which didnā€™t work before the patch. Soā€¦not sureā€¦if the patches can fix the TV issue, I am waiting for more feedback from a couple of users.

1 Like

Unfortunately the fix still doesnā€™t solve the problems with the USB tuners.

Sadā€¦I was trying to reproduce the issue with many boards, no luck yet. I also had tried to DVB-T2 USB sticks I have, no luckā€¦

Like I said, I can give you access to one of the boards.
Also, I can use a tplink wifi plug to be able to switch on/off the device as you desire.
I can , as well support you with debugging, I donā€™t have currently a coreelec git repository checked out, but I used to cross-build my own builds for LCDproc and several plugins, and Itā€™s doable, as I have a dedicated x64 server running on the network as well.

Here the last nightly improved the tuner issue. I have 3 Xbox one tv tuner directly connected to the n2 and had no drop outs so far.

Iā€™ve started to build from the git repo the main branch. So if you need to test, I will be able to do some modifications, if needed.

Are you able to set up a Linux that can run TV tuner?

Sure, I will install a headless ubuntu distribution.
Any preference what distro shall I write to the sdcard ?
I have only one EMMC, therefore I do not want to erase that, but will boot from an sdcard instead.

Thatā€™s ok, any Linux distro which can access your TV tuner to play from remote. Please share the access detail via PM when you are ready. Thank you. :slight_smile:

It takes some time, and I will do it probably in the weekend. Will let you know. Remote access is possible, of course.

No problem at all, thank you.

just tried the latest nightly and update library is broken
can this be fixed in the next build
thanks

No reason it should be broken and we canā€™t diagnose your issue without logs.

Is there any investigation in CEC Wakeup Problem ? Or any solution which i might have missed?

Todayā€™s update has problems. It wont allow me to boot the N2. It does boot if i press the ESC key on repeat on boot. Gives an error real quick. Says something not found. Tried to record a slow mo video about it, but was too small.

When it finally boots, tells me that there is an update ready to install and all over again. Will erase the update when i get back home and wait for the next update to apply manually