Odroid N2 test builds

Without this fix using suspend with SD cards screwed up the SD driver which leads to filesystem corruptions etc. It explains all your crashes.

Edit: well you are using emmc then this will not solve yours.

Yes we are working hard for a fix. It is still not known what causes the slowdowns.

The auto update does not work for me. Is this normal?

These builds are my personal test builds there is no autoupdate.
Have you tested HDR2SDR off??? Trying to get feedback on your banding issue. I guess it is resolved? I can reproduce here.

Edit, pixelation gone on hd channels, but still getting video slowdown whilst audio is ok. Currently watch a 1080p 50fps h264 recording and it’s randomly slowing down.

I don’t understand what you are saying. What is 27-02
Also one issue at a time. We are getting ahead of each other.

Tried SD patch. SD problem is fixed for me. Thnks!

Turns out slowness I was seeing after resume wasn’t all due to SD. After resume gigabit link is very unreliable and only works intermittently.

Reply from 10.0.3.155: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Switch to 100mbit:
ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

Network works reliably after resume. Tried resetting the interface and switching back to gigabit but the only way I could find to clear the problem was rebooting.

Using HP 1400-24G switch. Also tried a blackbox LGB304A switch with a small patch cable to the N2. Both produced same results.

Message log
resume.txt (84.7 KB)

https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1556019853_pixelation_fix.tar
I just tested the one above, and the SD card problem is still present.

“Avez-vous testĂ© HDR2SDR off ???”
Désolé. Pour répondre à quel problÚme? Le problÚme de la bande de couleur?

Provide dmesg log after suspend then I will see if SD problem persists for you.

1 Like

What are you doing with ethtool because it’s crashing the kernel.

Edit: Nah not a crash.

That’s just from running
ethtool -s eth0 speed 100 duplex full

Doing some more testing this problem only seems to crop up when wake-on-lan is disabled in config.ini. Just tried again with wol enabled and resumed worked perfectly.

Because power is cut if wol is off. It will probably require to add or fix .suspend and .resume functions in the driver. But for now just enable WOL if it fixes it. I had 2-3 occasions where Network was not working after suspend but I was unable to pull logs.

In fact, it works, but randomly. Here is my last experience:

1. I turn off TV/KODI, and it goes to sleep.
  2. I turn on the TV, Kodi stays in standby. N2 does not even appear in the connected CEC device list.
  3. I turn off the TV. I wait a little, and I turn on the TV.
  4. N2 finally lights up, but bug. The logo “preparation” at the top right turns to infinity.
  5. I restart N2.
  6. It’s OK, it works normally.

http://ix.io/1H0s

I follow with a second cycle.

2.1 I turn off, and it goes to sleep.
2.2 I turn on the TV, Kodi stays in standby. N2 does not even appear in the connected CEC device list.
2.3 I turn off the TV. I wait a little, and I turn on the TV.
2.4. N2 finally turns on without bug. It’s OK, it works normally.

I follow with a third cycle.

3.1 I turn off, and it goes to sleep.
3.2 I turn on the TV, Kodi stays in standby. N2 does not even appear in the connected CEC device list.
3.3 I turn off the TV. I wait a little, and I turn on the TV.
3.4. N2 still does not light, and I will never be able to turn it back on again. I tried to turn off and turn on the TV 5 times. N2 remains in standby.

http://ix.io/1H0x

I don’t know what issue you are talking about. I think you are mixing issues now. One issue after another. Now poweroff your device not suspend. Then power it on. Once it is in kodi send it to suspend. After it woken up ssh to your box and input:

dmesg|paste

Send me the link

1 Like

Also @Bindou I’m not 100% sure that the pixalation build has the sd card fix. I guessed to but maybe try the sd suspend build just to be sure.

1 Like

I guess it doesn’t help to post you a dmesg output of the slowdown happening?

Please do. Just tell me the time too

Just for info, I tried the 2 builds, and the problem of exit from standby is identical.
It works randomly, around 1 time out of 2. Sometimes it works 3 times in a row. Then after nothing 3 times in a row. It’s very strange. I continue tomorrow. Good evening.

So i have been able to create a (fairly) consistent crash with the current latest build on my N2, it can be triggered by chapter skipping of a 2160p bluray remux, strangely fast fwd seems fine but chapter skipping (not always but fairly consistently) causes kodi to crash and restart. I have included a lnk to the crashlog, if you need a full debug log as well then let me know.

https://pastebin.com/R1VeUM71

I’ve had debugging on but haven’t seen the issue since yesterday.
Weird because it did it 3 times in 20 mins.
Can’t get it to happen at all now that I’m trying to capture it