Odroid N2 test builds

So we fixed the random kernel crashes/freezes related to h264 playback. Hopefully it will land in tonight’s nightly.

any good?

Matt

Audios problems are tuned for me. Thanks guys !

1 Like

I tried the last build with SD contents.
Without super scaler, the upscaling quality same bad as S905X.
I reactivated the scaler with echo 1 > /sys/module/amvideo/parameters/super_scaler and the upscaling quality was much better, but the sharpening and denoising are too much. It is possible to fine tuning the post processing algorithm?

No super scaler is crap. Why do anyone wants to upscale with Amlogic. Just use your TVs upscaler or better use native resolution.

2 Likes

If I got all the info correct you tested one on my bypass_prog builds which bypasses progressive content automatically (the right way) but you didn’t see any improvements. Which is weird because if your content really is progressive this is the same as bypass_all. Or did you have these issues on interlaced?

The snooker froze and then restarted on me and unfortunately I missed the news. I see that Ray has posted about H265 freezes/kernel crashes, so I’ll check again tomorrow with the new nightly.

H264 freezes. It was a major bug. I don’t think there is h265 live TV is there?

Hi ray.

I tried your builds, the only way I could get smooth playback was by using

echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

When live tv is playing if I do

cat /sys/devices/platform/deinterlace/deinterlace/di0/frame_format

It comes back as interlace.

Matt

Yes nightly versions auto update too.

Well that explains it. Although I don’t think disabling deinterlace is the right way to treat interlaced content. Having said that it’s still quite likely that there is a huge bug in deinterlace code.

I still have one last little audio problem, on the youtube trailers (Stereo 2.0). Is it me?

I like the self reflection but maybe be a bit more specific. How to reproduce?

i correctly inputted the code to determine whethere the stream is progressive or interlaced. I had made a mistake prior, thanks! I also switched to hardware decode to properly utilize it as you had suggested.

So, every channel I had been testing was “progressive” according to the command. When kodi is set to interlace, or not to interlace it looks the same. Im guessing no interlacing is being done due to the fact that the file is progressive?

may ask which repro?

Sorry Ray, my reference to h265 live Tv was a typo/brain freeze.

Coreelec repo IIRC.

1 Like

thats good then. I thought we have another issue. Pheeeewww

@Ray is it possible now to reboot to emmc from SD install, without removing the SD card?
Currently testing @shanti emuelec build

It’s currently not supported