Odroid N2 test builds

Na, you use two libCEC devices on one Panasonic TV. Both are changing their address to 0x4 after polling the next free address. So both have the same address after the TV type get detected. At CEC there is only single address allowed on the bus. Again, I think you have to address this issue at libCEC repo.

After tests I did for me as the end user issue is simple:

1. Using C2 running LibreELEC community build 8.2.3.1-C2 (libCEC 4.0.2) --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC works properly.
  2. and when I had Minix_NEO_U9-H running LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit.img --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC worked properly.
  3. Using C2 running CoreELEC stable 9.02 --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC doesnā€™t work simply do not responding for remote keystrokes.
  4. Using N2 running CoreELEC nightly 20190607 --> Denon AVR --> OLED Panasonic TV: CEC doesnā€™t work simply do not responding for remote keystrokes.

It looks like something is wrong with libCEC 4.0.4 implemented in CoreELEC or something is wrong with CoreELEC itself.

So @Portisch is right it is a libcec issue. We use a more recent Libcec than your LE8 build.

Yes, probably you are right.
Iā€™m not technician nor developer so forgive me a noob question but is it possible to compile latest nightly build for N2 but with older libCEC library so I would be able to test?

I can do you a image next week.

Perfect! Appreciateā€¦ Do you want me to ping you? -:slight_smile:
In the meantime I will connect my C2 and N2 with CoreELEC and check how it will behave with another TVs and of course will report hereā€¦
Thanks @Portisch in advanceā€¦

Build is coming soon @rabaraf. @TheCoolest is doing one for you.

https://test.coreelec.org/arthur/ - wait for the tar to finish uploading, ETA about 20 minutes.

Unfortunately, InputStream Adaptive is only available in version 2.3.19.1 in the CoreELEC Repo, although peak3d has already released version 2.3.21.1.

@mark-aus-51 unless one of us goes looking or someone tells us that there is a new version then we donā€™t know, I updated it 3 days ago and since then it has gone up another 2 versions.

The new version has been uploaded.

@anon88919003

I was having similar issues as rabaraf with my Panasonic TV (connected via Onkyo AVR). Sometimes it worked but more often than not button presses simply didnā€™t work at all.

CEC in this test build seems to be working much more reliably than the standard build. Not perfect (lost CEC at one point after switching to TVā€™s internal tuner and back) but after a reboot I havenā€™t been able to break it despite multiple source switches. Also my play/stop/pause etc buttons work in this build when they didnā€™t in the standard build. Seems like there may be a regression for Panasonic TVs in recent versions of libCEC?

I do have a persisting bug where when ā€˜devices to power off during shutdownā€™ is enabled, the N2 turns off my AVR (not the TV) around 5 seconds after booting Kodi.

Edit: play/pause etc have stopped working again. I hate CECā€¦ itā€™s slippery, so hard to nail down when itā€™s working and when itā€™s not.

Overall things are better but not perfect with this build. Here is a log in case itā€™s helpful. http://ix.io/1Lis

About CEC. On 3.14 I originally made the cec driver to work in a hybrid mode. You had the kernel input driver that was independent from libcec. And there was the libcec mode. When I disabled kernel input driver because I thought nobody used it a lot of issues started.

Which now makes me think that those having issues now is because we donā€™t have the input mode and libcec is buggy.

Did you also try this test version?
https://test.coreelec.org/arthur/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1560018436.tar

Guys,
I spent almost whole night testing all things what comes to my mind.
Devel build what @TheCoolest compiled for me (libCEC 4.0.1) (Thanks for your time you spent on that) did not solved the issue, so version is not the root cause.
Then I prepared new microSD with nightly 20190603 and CEC was working. Then gradually I was adding addons checking if CEC still works in different scenarios (TV off/on, TV source selection TV/HDMI , AVR off/on, switching TV while watching something, etcā€¦) always CEC was workingā€¦ so I was so satisfied.
Finally I changed CEC Adapter settings changing them to my needs which are:

Enabled - on
Switch source to this device on startup - off
Devices to power on during startup - None
Devices to power off during startup - None
Send ā€œInactive sourceā€ command on shutdown - off
Put devices in standby mode when activating the screensaver - off
Wake devices deactivating the screensaver - off
When the TV is switched off - Ignore
Devices to also put in standby mode - off
Use the TVā€™s language setting - off
Action when switching to another source - Pause Playback
Physical address (overrules HDMI port) - 0
Force AVR to wake up when Kodi is activated - off
Remote button press delay before repeating (ms) - 600
Remote button press repeat rate (ms) - 20
Remote button press release time (ms) - 150

and thenā€¦ CEC stopped working!

So I thought it has something to do with those settings.
Finally withe the following settings:

Enabled - on
Switch source to this device on startup - on
Devices to power on during startup - None
Devices to power off during startup - None
Send ā€œInactive sourceā€ command on shutdown - on
Put devices in standby mode when activating the screensaver - off
Wake devices deactivating the screensaver - on
When the TV is switched off - Ignore
Devices to also put in standby mode - on
Use the TVā€™s language setting - off
Action when switching to another source - None
Physical address (overrules HDMI port) - 0
Force AVR to wake up when Kodi is activated - off
Remote button press delay before repeating (ms) - 300
Remote button press repeat rate (ms) - 20
Remote button press release time (ms) - 150

everything with CEC is OK except with one small issue: after N2 reboot 4 buttons do not respond: Stop, Pause, Next (>>|) and Previous (|<<) but powering off and on TV while HDMI 2 (N2) is active source brings back those buttons functionalities.

As CEC works now in all scenarios mentioned above I would not touch anything in order to not break running system :slightly_smiling_face:
I donā€™t know if next nightly builds after 20190603 are having some CEC components modifications so Iā€™m a little bit scared to perform upgrade to 20190608

And one thing broke down:
for most 4K movies there is no video signal at all. Example: https://4kmedia.org/ultra-hd-hdr-samsung-4k-demo-wonderland/ --> dispinfo result: http://ix.io/1Lix
but this 4K video is properly displayed: https://4kmedia.org/sony-mont-blanc-hdr-uhd-4k-demo/ --> dispinfo result: http://ix.io/1Liy

Now that makes sense. If you donā€™t set active source on startup it will not work.
Again on 3.14 kernel I made a kernel input mode and it always set source automatically.
But Iā€™m happy it is resolved for you.

Does your AVR and TV support HDMI 2.0?
Because it looks like it canā€™t play 4k24p with 444 10bit which is not in the HDMI 1.4 spec.

TV for sure, Denon AVR-2200W - apparently yes as well as https://4kmedia.org/ultra-hd-hdr-samsung-4k-demo-wonderland was properly displayed yesterday with nightly 20190608 but I just did a check and connected N2 directly to TV and that demo movie was properly displayed so something wrong is with AVRā€¦

Both demo videos looks similar in the terms of resolution, color depth, etcā€¦ so why for the first is no video and the second is OK?

No signal video (Samsung Wonderland Two HDR UHD 4K Demo.ts):
Video
ID : 257 (0x101)
Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : 36
Duration : 2 min 9 s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 10 bits
Writing library : ATEME Titan File 3.7.9 (4.7.9.0)
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0500 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

4K video OK (Sony Mont Blanc HDR UHD 4K Demo.mp4):
Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : hvc1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 1 min 28 s
Bit rate : 71.8 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.173
Stream size : 753 MiB (100%)
Encoded date : UTC 2017-01-27 06:42:55
Tagged date : UTC 2017-01-27 06:42:55
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : R: x=1.000000 y=1.000000, G: x=1.000000 y=1.000000, B: x=1.000000 y=1.000000, White point: x=1.000000 y=1.000000
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.1000 cd/m2, max: 1 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC

Arghhhhā€¦ When I changed Kodi GUI resolution to 3840x2160 23,98 Hz I lost signal so this is reason. How to back GUI to 1980x1080 50 Hz while I see nothing on TVā€™s screen?

Edit:
Connected directly to TV and set back GUI 1980x1080 50 Hz.
Whitelisted everything except 4096x2160 and 3840x2160p 23,98 Hz andā€¦ EVERYTHING is OK.
Finallyā€¦
Thanks to all for your time and supportā€¦
You are doing amazing work hereā€¦ :slight_smile: