Odroid-N2 Wake Button

With the new boot-fix (https://test.coreelec.org/ray/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.0-devel-1559544003.tar), the power button isn’t working anymore.
I hope, that the power-button feature was not the reason for the “no-boot” problem!
Anyways: to boot ot not to boot => bootable device trumps powerbutton :slight_smile:

Maybe that change wasn’t in there. Wait for the next nightly. The fix should be there.

ok, great!!

do you see any way how I could use this (Power button LED acting like the blue LED) within CE for the N2 (another tree…)?

It will be necessary to add another dtb file for it.

unfortunately I have not the slightest idea how to do that :frowning:

Don’t worry we will do it. Currently we are on feature freeze to provide a first stable N2 Release

wow, thanks a lot!!!

For the wake button, I’m using a LED lit power button, with the LED connected directly to a 3.3V GPIO pin. But I find it counter intuitive to have the power/wake button LED always lit up.

I noticed on the N2 GPIO header, that when the N2 is in sleep mode, that the 3.3V power pins stay powered, but the two 5V pins do not. Pins 2 and 4. So I solder/spliced a 220ohm 1.8w resister inline on the LED+ wire on my switch, and covered it with a heat shrink tube. Now the wake button LED is only on when the device is active.

The alternative would be to have one of the GPIO pins programmed to be normally high, and set low in sleep mode. But I think this hardware solution is easier for now. And using pins 4 and 6 (+, -) side by side, allows you to use a two pin connector, as @Pelican arranged for us to use for the switch pins.

I just thought I’d share in case it’s of help to anyone else.

1 Like

You can set the blue led as a power indicator:
echo default-on > /sys/class/leds/blue:heartbeat/trigger
and make a new dtb with gpio assigned to it following step 5. of this wiki: https://wiki.odroid.com/odroid-n2/application_note/gpio/gpio_key_wakeup

This is for N2 only!

As a quick change, you can do the following (please test it on SD card first in case your screw up the DTB)

fdtget /flash/dtb.img /gpio-reset/usb_hub gpios

Write down the first number (lets call it X), then:

mount -o rw,remount /flash
fdtput /flash/dtb.img /leds/blueled gpios X 78 0 # X is the first number from the first command

You can run the following command to verify your changes (and to get the original values before making changes)

fdtget /flash/dtb.img /leds/blueled gpios

Then reboot.

The above will map the heartbeat led to pin #8 (GPIOX_12)

1 Like

Just saw this (a bit late because of my vacation).
That works really great!
I just changed the trigger to SD Card activity (within autostart) and now it works just as I wanted :slight_smile:

THANKS A LOT!!! (as well as for everything you [et al] did for the N2!!!)

interestingly … the standard (now ex) heartbeat LED is now shining/glowing constantly; even in poweroff mode :face_with_monocle:

Hello, is there a way to control the LED in the power button brighter or darker? I have disabled heartbeat. The power button works very well. I just want to change the brightness of the LED. Maybe there is also a smooth soft effect from light to dark ad return?

[Carey]

Thanks for the info, i have added a RED LED standby light to the front of the unit, i am using a 3.3v output from one of the pins, cant remember what one now, but it sometimes powers off in standby, sometimes it does not, which is very annoying. ill try the pins you suggested.

Hello Heartbeat Power Button LED is not working?
How can I activate?
Need a special .dtb?

Are there any news?

With the lastest nightbuild(20200402), the N2’s wake button doesn’t work, I tried gpiopower=491 and 479 in config.ini, both not work. any idea?

Try latest nightly. Other user reported it fixed.

Hi, It’s long time.
N2 with Matrix RC2 , Touch the wake button can power off N2, but can’t wake up N2 from standy, on 9.2.8 no such issue.Could you have a look at it?