ODROID-N2Plus SBC announced

Will you point me at the section on the forum where I can research getting a standard IR remote configured? If odroid uk won’t play ball with an RMA I may have to look to other options. It’s crazy design that a software setting could blow up a board, though! It’s not like a processor overclock… going out now.

You are EU citizen. You have a warranty and UK is not brexit yet. I would not go into details. Just say it’s broken. Came broken.

Wow, that’s a bummer!

Yes, that’s why it’s N2+, not N2 rev.5. So we cannot expect to have full HW compatibility.

That’s why I’m eagerly waiting for HK to release the schematic & SOC spec. Who knows what else was changed on schematic level…
The new SOC may also require different voltage tables, compared to N2, so it may be a risk to operate with N2 BL?!?

I think it should be exchanged by odroid uk store. They sell this as a CoreELEC edition even though it doesn’t exist.

Hello, @Ray made me look into this problem. Let me try to research the problem and will have an internal discussion if your device can be covered by RMA or not. It would be nice if you can make a photo of what USB devices are connected and which port is being used, and share with me through private message. Sorry to hear your device has defected.

1 Like

Is that some jumper setting, or some software switch? I asking just to be sure, I never touch that option even though I dont have N2+ :sweat:

Edit: just read Nightly builds (NEW)

It is a config.ini setting and only relevant if using N2+. It is good people are aware of it.

A new marketing opportunity arises.

Free smoke alarm with every N2+ :wink:

I think it is fair to say that this option was exclusively used on CoreELEC only. And Hardkernel is not to blame. Smoke was tiny. But the damage is not minor. In any case hopefully we will not have any more damages. I don’t care breaking my devices. Hate the player not the game.

My USB ports are also not working anymore.

I found that the front USB2 port still works. If you attach an OTG cable (micro USB to USB A socket), you can plug in a standard USB device and it will be recognised. I put my USB dongle for my remote and it’s working that way. Also works for USB sticks or similar.

OTG port doesn’t use the GL3523 chip so it’s save.

What did happen? Did you buy a CE bundle too? You know only odroid.co.uk sells these we are not affiliated with them. If you did try to RMA it there.

Btw. I have made a build that has the feature removed from uboot. It will be in tomorrow’s nightly but anyway here is one for the impatient ones:

https://mega.nz/folder/s44CQa5L#SjmINR9yjCs2okXE7h_oDg

Just installed the latest nightly build and turned on the USB power and rebooted after that my USB keyboard does not work anymore, only in the otg port it works. Lsusb shows usb3 ports bút nothing works.

Can you post a dmesg please. Also os-release:

dmesg|paste
cat /etc/os-release|paste

I’m at work, i wil post it later

http://ix.io/2sOx

http://ix.io/2sOy

Can you also please post:
cat /flash/boot.ini|paste