PLEX media server

I’m not sure about hardware transcoding. I believe with Plex pass you can. Not an expert just the knowledge from a lot of forums

@travissolaman, I’ve just stumbled on another Plex client that might be the answer you’re looking for. It’s called Composite and it’s in the Kodi repo in the video add-ons section. I’m giving it a go because the official Plex add-on sometimes plays HD video with 5.1 sound as SD PCM.

For me it worked from the box, only had to link the box.

It seems to be the fork of PleXBMC, I guess it’s what I’m looking for. Thank you for that. I’ll try it and keep everyone posted

Do you know if we can integrate composite to Kodi like what I mean is rather than launching to add-on if we would access it via movies and tv shows section in Kodi. Honestly if that’s not possible that’s fine too, because even like this it works really well. Haven’t had an issue for a day now, and pretty happy with it at the moment. Thanks again for this add-on, been thinking about using PleXBMC but this is good too

Not sure what you’re asking. Have you read info over on the Kodi forum about the add-on cause if your answer isn’t there I won’t be able to add anything. Sorry can’t help further. It does everything I want it to tho. The only thing I can say is that for music you need to select play from here if you want an album to play rather than just the selected track.

Glad it seems to be what you are after. It’s the power of these forums that word gets round.

Some Guide to install Plex Media Server? cos i have no idea…

I installed the zip(https://github.com/dnzmedia/plexmediaserver-elec/releases) but I don’t know how to run it or update it. some help?

Thank you.

Some idea to instala plex media server in core elec?

Yes, it’s in docker, coreelec repo…

I have read your experience and i have tried to do it but if i edit docker.linuxserver.plex file, it has not LIBREELEC_ARCH.

Could you help me to mount plex server?

I try to connect by web gui and i get this

Try to connect using 192.168.0. 25:32400/web

I have had this same issue before when setting up.

Thanks, it is correct :zipper_mouth_face:

hi please tell me about instruction to install plex media server on Coreelec Step by step
I tried to follow the steps here. Unsuccessful
Thank in advance

Go to addons, install - from a repository - Coreelec addons - Repository addons - LinuxServer.io… and install it.
Go back to add-ons - install from repo - LinuxServer.io… - services - Plex
install and done. And you should be able to see Plex website in you browser. And if you can’t see your movie folders when creating libraries, got to Plex server add-on settings and add those folders there and then you will see them in Plex.

1 Like

Ohh!!! Thank ypu for your help so easy :slight_smile:

I did, but how can go to Plex website?

http://milocalhost:32400/web <—nathing happens…

Thx.

You have to replace “milocalhost” with the IP address of your Coreelec device…

I did and nothing…

My Steps.

Go to repository coreelec addons and install Linuxserver.io docker add-ons.
Go repository linusserver.io and install PLEX (LINUXSERVER.IO) .

When i press i can see that:

Docker is installed but docker image updater i cant :S.

Then i take Plex media server from :

Well… now i put http://milocalhostcoreelec:32400/web

and nothing happens :sa:

what am I doing wrong?

@Anjuna, you are trying to install Plex server from the wrong place. Install linuxserver.io docker add-ons repository from the CoreELEC (Nightly?) Add-ons repo. The Plex server for docker is in there. I’ve put (Nightly?) because that’s what I’m on. It will show differently if you’re on stable.

Thx! It Works!!!

Does the Plex server on CoreELEC work well on TV boxes with Amlogic S922X, and Amlogic S905X4 SoCs? Compared to a Shield TV for example … Thank you