Prevent N2/CE from shutting down

Hi all,

Is there a way to prevent an Odroid N2 from shutting down when the TV (2019 Samsung) is switched off ?

I don’t use CEC (CEC adapter in Settings/System/Input is switched off) because it’s messy and often breaks the whole CEC chain.

I use the Samsung Universal Remote function to control the N2 via IR.

It works well this way but it shuts down the N2 every time the TV is switched off.

I would like the N2 to stay on at all times.

I know there is an option for this in the CEC settings but since it’s turned off, it shouldn’t matter, right ?

Thanks in advance for the help !

I got one of these and now it doesn’t turn off anymore:

Try overriding the power key in your keymap.xml, change it to a noop to prevent the IR remote from powering down the N2

<keymap>
  <global>
    <remote>
      <power>noop</power>
    </remote>
  <global>
</keymap>

Thanks roidy.

I actually found a workaround with the Samsung Universal Remote function : when I set it up, it gives you a few tries to control the device via IR (probably different IR methods in case one doesn’t work).

If I validate the first try, it will shut down the N2 every time I switch off the TV.
If I say the first try doesn’t work and I validate the second try, it never shuts the N2 down.

Go figure… anyway, it will do just fine for now ! :slight_smile:

I have been using this for a long time to prevent CoreELEC/LibreELEC from shutting down:

# only once (from SSH) survive the reboot
  systemctl mask poweroff.target suspend.target kodi-poweroff.service
  systemctl restart systemd-logind.service

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.