Problems With X96 Mini

Edit: Still not having any luck. I’ve tried multiple dtbs but the farthest I get is the CoreElec boot screen, and then the display goes dark. I even tried the generic Amlogic version of LibreELEC and that booted fine, but then none of USB slots appear to work. Neither keyboard, nor remote dongle work. I can’t figure out of its an inherent flaw with the box itself or what.

Hi there. Longtime LibreElec user on various devices but I bought my kid a 16G/2G X96 Mini Android box and figured I would give CoreElec a try. I’ve tried following the instructions and even watched a YouTube video, and no matter what I do, when I try to boot into recovery mode with the toothpick pushed down, it’s stuck on the X96 Mini boot screen. This happens with the SD card installed whether I depress the reset button or not. Any suggestions? I’ve tried both versions of the gxl_p281_2GDTB.

Update: Both of the 1G versions will result in the CoreElec boot screen but then the display goes dark so still no better other than seeing the CoreElec logo.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.